ii

when minho was finally able to fall asleep, he woke up to his pillow drenched with tears that he, surprisingly, slept through. his hand struggled to hold onto his cellular device that laid face up, charging on his nightstand.

once successful in grabbing onto it, he clicked the home button to turn it on and was shocked with how many messages that were sent in the last hour that minho slept through.

he unlocked his phone and proceeded to go to the group chat that had him, felix, seungmin, hyunjin, and jeongin in.

of course, felix had spammed the group chat. it was all images of.. chan. chan with this boy that appeared not to be minho.

scrolling far down enough to the point where felix began texting, his heart squeezed itself in his chest and his breath hitched with each word he scanned with his eyes.

"do you still think he loves you now?"

and almost on cue, he heard the apartment door being knocked on. scrambling to turn his phone off and get out of bed, he tried flattening his oversized shirt with his hands to no success. he sighed in defeat and went to open the door.

without peeping through the hole, minho swiftly unlocked the door and turned the handle. his mind went blank, trying to register who was at his door before he titled his head upwards.

hyunjin.

"hey, hyung." the younger sputtered, cheeks heating up as he scratched the back of his neck out of embarrassment.

"i just wanted to check up on you and stuff since you didn't answer my calls yesterday."

oh, right. minho bit his bottom lip with slight guilt washing over him. "sorry. i was busy with felix coming over and stuff." he mumbled.

scooting over to the left, minho gestured towards the taller that he was allowed to come inside — which hyunjin did without hesitating. he took his shoes off and neatly placed them near the door and sat himself down on the couch.

minho shut the door and locked it, walking over to sit next to hyunjin as he placed his feet on the couch and brought his knees to his chest.

"you're trying to distract me from the photos felix sent, aren't you?" he spoke up, alarming hyunjin at how fast he figured it out.

"ha — what? no! absolutely not, hyung."

minho's blank stare burned into the back of hyunjin's skull when they had made eye contact. his eyes seemed so.. unreadable.

scoffing, the older turned his face away from the younger. "just admit it, hyunjin."

hyunjin struggled to make another excuse as to why he was present and instinctively began chewing on his bottom lip.

"i just.." he let out a sigh, "i just wanted to make sure you were ok. i hate seeing you so upset just because of that jack ass."

then silence came cutting through like a sharp knife after hyunjin's confession. minho's head still turned the other way and the younger's eyes flashed with worry and regret.

before he was able to interject and say that he shouldn't have said such an inappropriate statement about chan — minho spoke up.

"is that it?"

"what?"

minho finally had the courage to look at hyunjin once again, eyes still blank, yet starting to tear up.

"is that why you came to see me?" his voice broke, which tore hyunjin's heart a little.

"obviously. like i said — i hate seeing you so upset just because of chan and the way he's been treating you for the past months."

"and for felix's actions, he shouldn't have just lashed out on you. although, you were being stubborn — he just wanted to help you get out of such a toxic relationship."

"he cares for you, hyung. we all care for you."

minho sat in silence, turning away from hyunjin — letting a tear slip from his eye. he quickly wiped it away and sniffled. "i'm sorry." he whispered, burying his head into his knees.

he hugged his knees tighter into his chest until he became a small ball, shaking as he was about to combust from the tears that he held in. hyunjin couldn't bear to see minho in such a vulnerable state and reached over to hold him.

the taller held him close to his chest as minho began to sob, face buried into his chest. he could feel his shirt getting wet with the amount of tears minho was letting out, but he could care less about the shirt. how long has minho been holding in his tears for?

the thought only made hyunjin hold the shorter tighter in his embrace. he began running his fingers through his locks and whispering into his ear to let it out and that it was ok to cry.

many more tears and hiccups, minho managed to drift to sleep in the arms of hyunjin. the taller didn't stop holding him, though. he only stared at the older whose cheeks were stained with dried tears and his bottom lip that poked out while he slept.

admiring minho's beauty from afar and closely was hyunjin's main thing to do, although he wouldn't have admitted it to the older. oh, how hyunjin wishes for the older to break up with chan so he could just tell him his feelings.

but hyunjin was going to remain silent until minho found himself and that he was comfortable enough to love someone else.

for now, hyunjin would have to endure shutting his feelings out for the older.

and it hurt. like hell.