chapter one.

"Shit shit shit! We gotta run! We're gonna get killed if they find us!"

"Calm down, Erika! They can't find us if we run! Now shut up!"

"We just... we just...."

"I know! Now shut up if you want to live!"

We were sprinting with no direction. I never meant to do it. I never meant to kill him.

__

"Flight 201, now boarding. Flight 201 is now boarding." The speakers boomed through out the airport.

"This is it, I guess," I turned to my best friend.

"Why do you have to go?" She asks for the hundreth time crying.

"I have to, Macy. I need to start a new life. This place has too many bad memories."

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" Macy wrapped her arms around my neck, crying once again.

"I love you." I mumbled into her neck.

"I love you more." She sniffled. She pulled away and wiped her tears, "Call me when you've arrived."

"I will, I promise." I gave her a smile.

"What about your mom and dad?"

"I don't care about them."

"Zeke?"

Zeke was my older brother. Always protecting me from danger. He doesn't know about anything that has happened to me this past week, or me leaving right now.

"I'll call him when I'm there." I nod.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I pull her in for one more hug goodbye. I'll admit, I started to tear up, but I had to stay strong for her.

We pulled away and I grabbed my carry-on. I started to walk towards the entrance, and I looked back. Macy gave a warey smile and waved. I turned back around.

I'm doing this for me. I need to get away before they can find me.

I handed my ticket to the lady and she nodded and let me in. I find my seat and put my carry on in the over head compartment.

I grabbed out my iPhone, eight a.m., and plugged in my headphones. I scrolled through my music library and decided on Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

Goodbye Michigan, Hello England. Also hello eight hours and fifteen minutes flight.

___

"Welcome to London, England! Have a nice and safe stay!" The intercom on the plane went off.

I unplugged my earbuds from my phone and shoved them into my pocket. I stood up from my seat and got my bag from the above compartment. I started to walk down the narrow aisle bumping into a few people. Once I was actually inside the airport I sat down and looked all around me.

A fresh new start.

I took a deep breathe and took out my phone. I clicked on Macy's name and called her.

"Hello? Erika?"

"Hey,"

"Oh my gosh! I miss you so much already!"

I chuckled, "I miss you too,"

"Where are you staying for the night?"

"Probably a motel just for the night until I can find like an apartment or something."