chapter three.

Today was the first day on the job. As much as I was excited and happy, I was nervous that someone from back home could've came to England also.

"Are you ready to go, Erika?" Bridget called from the other side of the door.

"Yeah almost, lemme just make sure I got everything," I called back. Bridget let me borrow a pair of yoga pants to match the white shirt we were required to wear and my newly decorated apron. I opened the door only to see Bridget leaning against the wall on her phone with a slight smile.

"Are you texting your boyfriend?" I cooed.

Bridgett blushed, "I wish."

"Oh come on! You don't have a boyfriend? You're freaking gorgeous!" I stated.

"I could ask you the same...." she teased back.

"Well, I mean who knows, maybe the man of my dreams is waiting for me at the coffee shop."

"Never know, unless we leave now!" she joked, and with that we left her flat and were on our way.

The five minute journey was quick. We made small talk; going over the process of making certain types of drinks, family, and when I should probably purchase a car.

"Welcome girls! Ready start, Erika?" Mr. McDaniels exclaimed as Bridget and I entered the front door to the coffee shop.

"You bet, Mr. McDaniels!" I said cheerfully.

"Great! I'm going to go back in my office for a while. I'll check on you gals soon." Mr. McDaniels said and turned around to walk to his office in the back.

"Let's get started, rookie." Bridget teased.

"More like expert," I stated. Bridget hummed back and placed her apron over her head. I did the same and washed my hands.

The day went by really quick. I honestly had so much fun working side-by-side with Bridget. She' so energetic and makes anyone feel super happy. I know I was.

The bells above the door rang. I snapped my head up only to meet a group of five boys.

"How much you want to bet that, thats One Direction?" Bridget whispered into my ear.

I laughed, "Yeah right." Bridget shrugged and continued to wash the dirty coffee pot in the sink.

"Hello!" one of the boys called from the other side of the counter.

"Hi, my name is Erika. How may I help you?" I responded. I noticed that the rest of the boys had sat down at a near by table.

Just before he was about to speak, one of his friends ran to his side and whispered something in his ear. They started to laugh, and his friend ran back to his seat. I chuckled softly and grabbed the rag on the counter and wiped off some crumbs I noticed.

Finally he spoke up, "you can help me by giving me your number."

"If you can come up with some better pick up lines then maybe," I laughed.

"Oh dont worry, love." he teased.

"C'mon, just order already!" another one of his friends called from the table.

"Sooo, what would ya like?"

"Um, I actually have no idea. One second." the guy ran back to the table where his friends sat. I turned around only to meet Bridget adorning a smirk.

"You guys were totally flirting!" she exclaimed

"No way, José," I shook my head.

"Hey maybe this is the 'true love' you were talking about back at our place."

"Doubt it."

"Um, excuse me? Erika?" I turned back around to the guy.

"Have you figured out what you guys want?" I laughed.

"Yes, thank you very much," he stated. He ordered five drinks and made his way back to his friends. Bridget and I started to make all the drinks.

Bridget and I finally finished making all of the coffees and headed towards their table. Bridget gave the coffees she had in her hand to the correct boys and turned around. I set the last one down in front of one of the boys and started to walk back to the counter.

There's too many.

"Wait. Erika!" I spun back around and towards the table.

"Yeah?"

"Is your daddy a baker?" The boy from earlier asked. I bit my lip, "because you gotta nice set if buns!" the table started to crack up. I laughed along.

"Better luck next time, dude." I said as I turned back around.

"So, when can I get your number?" the boys followed me back to the counter.

"I don't even know your name." I stated. It looked like realization finally hit the boy.

"Oh,"

"Are you gonna tell me? or should I call you 'mystery boy'?" I chuckled.

"Well, you certainly can call me anytime." he winked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Not like that!"

"Let's go, mate. We're gonna be late." One of his 'mates' called from the door. I didn't even notice them stand up to leave, and by looking at the means of it, neither did this boy I was talking to.

He laughed, "Well, I guess we will never find out."

And with that, he turned around and started to walk towards the door. Before exiting, he turned back around, shot me a wink, and was on his way.

--------------------
pic attached ; Nina Dobrev//Erika