Planning A Low Budget Party

There was just no way that Mom's $100 party budget was going to work. Chloe, Zoey, and I could easily spend that amount in one evening just on pizza, movie tickets, popcorn, soda, and candy.

I was waiting at the front door when my mom got home from work.

"Mom, I cant have an island luau party with only $100!" I whined. "And what about music? The DJ would probably cost more than that!"

"Well, how would you like to have live music for your party instead of a DJ?" Mom asked.

I couldn't believe my ears!

"Are you serious!" I exclaimed happily. "Mom, that's great! I have a list of three bands that Chloe and Zoey suggested. I'll contact them to see if they're available."

"Actually, I was thinking that we could just ask Mrs. Wallabanger," Mom said.

"You want Mrs.Wallabanger to contact the bands?!" I asked, a little confused.

"No, Nikki! She's been taking accordion lessons and offered to provide music at your party for free!" Mom explained. "And the best part is that she asked a couple of the ladies from her belly dancing class to join her. Isn't that sweet of her?"

"Mom, are you KA-RAY-ZEE?!" I shrieked. "I want a supercool pool party! Not a stupid belly dancing polka party for old people!" But I just said all that inside my head, so no one heard it but me.

Just the thought of our elderly next door neighbor and her friends performing at my party in front of all my friends made me throw up in my mouth a little...

OMG! I was so upset with my mom that I ran upstairs to my bedroom and slammed the door.

But I had no privacy whatsoever because within sixty seconds Brianna barged in without even knocking.

She handed me a picture of a sloppily drawn birthday cake.

"Guess what, Nikki? I can make you a birthday cake for your party! It'll have all your favorite foods and costs only $200! Would you like to place your order?"

Yes! My little sister, Brianna, who can barely fix herself a bowl of fruity pebbles cereal, had offered to bake the birthday cake for my party!

"Brianna, my favorite foods are pizza, ice cream, sushi, pancakes, clam chowder, and skittles candy. What kind of a cake will that be?!?" I asked, very annoyed.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "A very strange but yummy one?!?"

I did not appreciate her little joke!!!

My party was not a laughing matter!!

"Brianna, you can't just throw random foods together like that. Your wacky birthday cake could give my party guests a mild case of food poisoning and a severe case of diarrhea! What am I supposed to do? Hand out bottles of Pepto Bismol and stomach pumps in my party goody bags?!" I yelled at her.

But the most disturbing part was that my very own sister was charging me the outrageous price of $200 for a nasty pizza-ice cream-sushi-pancakes-clam chowder-skittles-flavored cake!

With only four candles on it!

What a rip off!

Sorry, but little kids today have no integrity!