calum

My love is a burning, consuming fire. It leaves me gasping for air and reaching to the night sky hoping, praying, that youre looking too. But it leaves me crumpled on the ground, curled tightly in ball sobbing into my raggedy old clothes with an empty bottle of who-knows-what kind of alcohol beside me id been mindlessly consuming earlier. I know that when we both look to the stars on the opposite sides of the world that we dont see the same thing. We dont see the same thing. I knew you were gone when you were still beside me, I knew you were gone when you told me you loved me, I knew you were gone when I woke up and found that damn letter on the pillow where youre head was laying the night before. I knew all along but I refused to admit it. And for a long time after that I never saw you. Until I started seeing you in my dreams and when the drugs started to kick in. I could hear your laugh and I swore I swore it was real, but when I turned my head - I swore cause it wasnt. I see you everywhere now. On tv, on signs, on billboards as im driving on the highway. I can feel the tears prick the corners of my eyes and my feet push on the gas harder as I switch the radio on to eliminate these feelings, but I scream and punch the stereo cause lord knows youre there too. Singing about how youre coming back and how you'll always wait for me. And I hope you know I read the article's about you, and I hope you know that im the only person that can see the slightest flinch and a second of unmasked pain in your eyes when asked if youre single. But you cover it up in the next second and run your hands through your dark hair that you recently put highlights in - smirking and saying yeah, im single. Only showing what you want people to see. I hope you know I see you with all these girls with your arms around their shoulders. Seeing right through them. I hope you know that im the only one whos noticed how thin youve gotton, and how sad you are. And I look away cause my love is just waiting to turn your tears to roses. I hope that when you close your eyes and kiss those girls that you see me every time. I hope you can feel my presence in the back of your mind when you lay them down. I hope when you wake up in the middle of the night to thunder and lightning that you reach your hand out desperately to find that the girl asleep beside you is not me and I hope that the flashes of lightning burns your eyes like the tears that run down your face. I hope when you look to the night sky when you escape yet another girl that you think of me, because ill be looking too. On the ground with an empty bottle of who-knows-what kind of alcohol beside me id been mindlessly consuming earlier. And you'll notice how dull the stars look next to the moon, and you'll remember how they used to shine when you were with me. And you'll realize what a mistake youve made. Youll walk to the end of the curb under the street lights in a hurry pulling out your cell phone. And if contacts could have cobwebs, they would be all over mine as you brush them away to dial it. And I would hear my phone ring with your name on it for first time in 3 years - but the sound of ambulances would drown it out. As I lie crumpled on the ground with an empty bottle of who-knows-what kind of alcohol beside me id been mindlessly consuming earlier. And I would close my eyes. And you would fall to your knees.