Chapter 1 Kaylene's POV

I walk down the hallway to my brothers room.
"HARRY! GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP!" I opened the bedroom door and turned on the light. He was going to be late again, and i'll have to drive him in... Again.
He drowsily stretched out and groaned.
"Go away." I swear he would be the death of me some day. I walked over to him and pulled the blanket off of him, showing his bare chest and superman boxers.
"Put some clothes on and brush your teeth." I felt like his mother. While quickly opening the blinds, I scanned the outside world with my hazel brown eyes. Winter snow was covering the ground in a crystalized white blanket.
"Bundle up today alright?"  As both Harry and i shuffle to the car, i thought of what mornings used to be like.
"Breakfast is ready Kaylene!" and "No Harry, you may not bring snuffles today," mother's sweet voice rang out. These words repeated in tasteful harmonies in my mind. Mother never let us leave without the nessecities. This time, it was my turn to play the mother role. I had extremely big shoes to fill. I had to find the balance between being a mother figure for Harry and being his older sibling.
Somehow i knew this was impossible. My life was one big puzzle with 2 large pieces missing that are lost forever. They were never coming back, and i was never going to be the same.