Magic 1

*Bang!*

I gasped when the door of our room bursts open, revealing my 19 year old son who I haven't seen for years.

"Where is she?" He growled at us, my husband, Zereff holds my hand tighter.

"You're too late, Zed. You can't take her from us, you will never claim the throne." He said, his voice booming across the room.

"No." Zeddrik whispered while throwing death glares on the floor. "NO." He repeated as he looks at me, I stepped backwards because of the fear and goosebumps that his stare gave me.

He's... Not the Zeddrik that i knew, my son.. He's acting like we're his rivals instead of his parents. He got blinded by the lust of claiming the throne and its empire's treasures.

"Oh yes you are," Zereff said in an insulting tone, causing Zeddrik shift his gaze to him. "Go back to your ridiculous, nasty land with that peasant friends of yours and stop causing huge ruckus here in my land." I looked back at the window behind us, seeing the whole capital of Issen being burned down by the army of Zeddrik, the rebellion group that he made in order to steal the throne from his father by force.

You can see the people being killed mercilessly, slashing their throat before they can scream for help, even the children are not the exception. Screams, the smell of burning flesh and sounds of houses being fully destroyed because of the fire.

I was shook to reality when Zereff pulled me behind his back, "Where's Kael and the others, my Love?" I whispered enough for Zereff to hear from his back. I receive none except silence as the two continued throwing glares at each other.

"If you're looking for your oh-so-loyal-knights, don't worry. My 'peasant' friends are keeping them occupied." Confidently, Zeddrik said as he slowly approach the vase sitting on a wooden table right beside him. Picking a flower and inspecting it, "Where did you hide her, Father?" he grimly asked then he averted his gaze from the flower into us without moving his head to face us.

I felt my husband shudder as he kept holding my right hand firmly.