Swim (SOWK part 2)

It'd been a few hours since they arrived and the day had come to an end. Jacquelin laid buried in he sleeping bag worrying about the next day. The sun would be shining and the sky would be clear and blue. She sighed wrapping her arms around herself. Her mother had concluded they were spending the day at the camping site pool. God, she hoped there wouldn't be to many people there. She'd picked out a bikini with her friend back home, they said it looked cute but Jacquelin wasn't to sure. She'd never liked public pools, all the people, all the eyes. It was so uncomfortable. She always said she just wasn't in the mood to swim but honestly she was just afraid. Deep in thought, Jacquelin would fall asleep awaiting the next day.

The next morning arrive in what felt like seconds. The birds chirped outside, the damp summer morning filled the grass with droplets of water. Jacquelin climbed out of her tent. Her mother was already ready with the breakfast. Jacquelin got onto her feet, slowly walking across the wet grass over to her mother at the foldable blue picnic table. "Good morning Jackie. Did you sleep well?" Her mother asked in that motherly voice all mothers do when they're trying to be sweet. "Morning, I did" Jacquelin answer not wanting to start any sort of conversation, talking wasn't her thing. She sat down by the table besides her brother. The kid stuck his tongue out at her with a light grin. "Jackie, are you gonna swim today. Or be a land crab like always." Her brother teased. Jacquelin sighed rolling her eyes "careful kid." She snapped back crossing her arms "the water is disgustingly dirty anyway, you're the one getting sick not me" Jacquelin answered harshly. She knew she wasn't supposed to react like that, but he always got on her nerves. "Jacquelin, don't say that. Fix your attitude nobody's getting sick." Jacquelin's mom said sternly placing the breakfast on their plates.

Her father looked up from his phone, Jacquelin started to eat. "He's not wrong, you never swim anymore" her dad pointed out "I just don't like it" Jacquelin said, it was true. She didn't like it. Not because of the water, rather the people. "You used to love it, who planted this in your head" Her dad said confused. Jacquelin raised her voice a bit, she had quite the short temper "there you have it! 'Used to'! Why would you think I'd stay the same forever?!" She snapped, her mother firmly placed a hand on her shoulder. "Let it be Aaron." Jacquelin's mother told her husband before she sat down to eat. Jacquelin sighed, the rest of the breakfast she spent in silence, her brother telling all fantastical stories about his kindergarten sleepover.

Later they were walking to the pool. Jacquelin noticed the sound of a river not far off the camping site. It briefly crossed her mind as they walked in the gate to the pool. Her mother paid for some wristbands so they could use the pool. Jacquelin put hers on, although she did not intend to go in the pool. Her dark hair was up in a tight ponytail, her eyes covered by reflective pilot style sunglasses. She was wearing that ,so-called, cute bikini under a loose white dress, which she had no intention of removing. As her family sat up by the edge of the pool, Jacquelin set up camp in the farther back; she'd just go over to them if she'd need them. For now relaxing over here scribbling in her sketchbook was a dream. Although something or rather someone, did catch her eye.