prologue

Y/n was a little boy. He had nothing each day it got worse. He was adopted. His mother raped him, he's father best him for it because he couldn't have kids.
He was alone. He knows nothing but the dark cellar he sleeps in. He hasn't seen the sun in years. He feels something though, unlike many would, he was not mad, he had hope that things would get better. His adopted parents had their struggles. Whenever their problems are solved his will be as well, or so he thought. He gave his adopted parents a smile. Even though they tell him every day that he's adopted he still calls them dad and mom. He still has hope they will become better people. Until one day. His mother brutally murdered his father. "He's mine don't touch him again. He's going to grow up and be my new husband he'll give me a family." He looked up at the scene from the top of the stares. She slowly walked down. She didn't stop until sunrise. He was tired and drained. His legs hurt from the intensity. She didn't close the door. Three beams shot down. Three rings, one pink, one red, and one orange.

The orange ring was quickly followed by a creature. "That's my ring!" It growled while pointing at the orange ring. "That ring belongs to me!" "Then take it! I have all I need right here!" She said clutching the boy. "Jamie of remanent you have great rage in your heart, welcome to the red lantern Corp." "Jamie of remanent you have great love, welcome to." It is cut off when the red ring shoots a beam of red energy through it, destroying it.

A woman looks at the remains of the house. Jamie with her red lantern suite thrashes through the wreckage looking for y/n who knew he needed to let her calm down. "Hey!" Shouted the red skinned woman. She caught Jamie and took her to a different planet.

Y/n was crushed under a cabinet. "Stay safe, mom. Come back soon, please." He said waving them off. A blue beam zoomed down to him, it's been waiting in orbit for the time it could get to him.

"Y/n of remanent. You have great hope, welcome to the blue lantern core." "In fearful day and raging night, when all seems lost in the war of light. Look to the stars for hope burns bright." Says a man with white skin and an alien look. "Hello I am saint walker, leader of the blue lanterns. Welcome, brother." Y/n looked at the ring as it floated. Saint walker helped him out of the rubble.

"We don't have members as young as you. You must have great hope, little brother." "Where's mommy? A red woman took her somewhere." "That was a red lantern. We will see her again one day, all will be well." Y/n reached his hand out and the ring slid on to his finger. They flew away.

They landed on a planet. "This is the home of the blue lantern Corp, little brother. This is our home." "What about my old home?" "You  will return one day and protect it. I believe you should live your childhood, well what you have left of it anyway. One of our brothers is a human. He comes from the planet earth. He is about 17 in human years. He will watch over you, little brother."

A man in a blue hoodie and track pants floats down. On his chest is the blue lantern symbol. "Hello, little brother. I shall train you." "He is our lead fighter. He has been beaten only 5 times. He will teach you to defend yourself and how to protect others. You will both have the remanent sector." "Let us begin, little brother."

It took them 3 years to train him to full power. He is best in blending in and doing stealthy missions. The blue lanterns operate very different from the green lanterns. They have far less regulations and rules. Y/n lived on remanent in an apartment alone for the most part. He is 14. His mentor, Alex, 19 years old and stops by to visit, but he goes to beacon.

Y/n walks through bake happily. He has hope that the people here will all become good people if they are not already. He picks up trash. He wears the clothes his mentor wore when they were introduced, without the symbol.

He sees Roman torchwick. He sees him begin to rob the store. "All will be well." He says as a woman true to stop him from going in. "I shall help them. All will be well." He opens the door. As he walks through he gains his blue lantern uniform.