May I Have This Dance?

I take his hand. My steps are light; graceful, as I walk into the center of the ballroom. Gray's movements, too, are confident and smooth; back straight, broad shoulders back. My silk gown swishes and ruffles around me in shades of blue with each step I take, reminding me of a cascading waterfall. Gray and I reach the middle of the glittering room, where he lets go of my white-gloved hand and stands a few steps away.

A soft and slow melodic sound fills my ears as the orchestra begins a new piece of music. Waltz. Before me, Gray bows at the waist, and I tilt my head, curtsying in return. He holds out his right hand with a small smile, "Juvia Lockser, may I have this dance?" I smile back with a slight nod, accepting his hand. "It would be my pleasure, Gray Fullbuster."

I place my right hand on his shoulder while he places his left on my upper back, our joined hands out to the side in the traditional dance position. I look into his calm dark blue eyes and try to remember everything about this one, perfect, moment. His naturally spiky dark blue hair brushes the middle of his nape, some shorter strands reaching his jawline and framing his face, while his bangs fall over his forehead and lightly cover his eyebrows. The white tuxedo he wears starkly contrasts with his hair, and the dark blue waistcoat and tie, along with the accents on his cuffs, bring out the blue in his eyes.

Behind Gray, I see other people talking and dancing under the high golden ceiling of the spacious ballroom. Dazzling crystal chandeliers hang above us, and thick red curtains are pulled aside from the tall glass windows, showing the navy- blue night sky outside scattered with bright stars. My light blue eyes meet with Gray's once again, and I let the steady music surge through my body.

We begin our dance in unison. Violins, cellos, flutes and harps offer a sweet rhythm that rings clearly around us. Tubas, trombones, piano and trumpets balance the piece with deep notes as we slowly spin and twirl across the light wooden floor.

I can't help but laugh in euphoria when Gray grins and lifts me through the air in a perfect arc, his hands on my waist, my light blue curls flying around me as a sudden crescendo of cymbals and drums sends my heart soaring.

He puts me back down onto the ground and we continue the dance, both of our faces still smiling. My cheeks feel warm from laughing and twirling so much, but I'm happy as Gray spins me around once more. I truly am.

At this very second, I know, it really is the perfect moment.