A Day that Will Never Come

BOOM. I awake to tree debris and unfamiliar dirt that showers me in a cloud of must. I jump to my feet as I find myself alone in a unfamiliar place. I'm walking trying not to make a noise. As I take a step I hear a crack. It almost sounds like a lighting strike but more condense into something smaller. I looked down and see I have stepped onto a dead solider. As I examine the body I see a dark red flowing out like a river. It's smells like bad meat and some rotten milk this I think is the smell of death. This is the 1st time I have seen a dead man. He still had the look of fear on his face. I could tell he took a bullet to the heart. I couldn't imagine that a small tiny piece of lead could kill something so valuable like a mans life. Then it all came back to me. The fucking draft, Uncle Sam calling for more men to waste. It didn't matter to the government that men were dieing. They only cared if they won. That's were I think I cared more about life. Anyways I look up at the sky and see many parachutes flying down. Many planes were hurling down. I couldn't imagine what they were thinking going down in a plane. I think fear then sadness goes threw their body's as they hit the hard impact of the ground. I see many falling down like falling Angels. Crack the sounds of the shrapnel hit the sky. But for some reason no people are falling near me they seem miles away. I check my dirty pockets for anything. I found a combat knife with the slogan "Hitler's ending fate" and just a bunch if dirt. In the other pockets I found a silver castings for bullets great what do I do with them throw them at the krauts. Just then I hear something more terrifying then I could ever imagine. Something you think would make you feel better, a mans voice. But not if the voice is in a different language. They made us take a German class to learn common phrases in the airborne. So I realized humans another German were coming my way. So I climbed into a tree. This tree was like one of those trees you would never go into cause it had a dark sinister feel to it. But I didn't want to die, I mean who wants to. So I climbed up as fast as I could slipping because my hands were sweating more than they have ever been. As they passed under me they see the dead soldiers body. They shoot him in the head. It was like a sight from a horror movie. Blood gushed everywhere and they laughed. They laughed at killing one of us... then that's when I turned psycho.

As most people don't understand the reality of war. It is dark and dirty and fed by greed, hint hint Hitler. As I watch them do terrible things to a solider I think up a plan. I waited till they walked gently under neath me has my blade hit one of the soldiers head blood guised as it brought an ending to his world. Then I picked up the now dead soldiers gun I pointed at the man. I looked at his face which had dirt on it probably camo. As he begged for his life I saw the terror rise in his eyes. I shoot him twice not killing him yet. I look up at the red sky and said " forgive me father I have sinned but this is what Uncle Sam has done to me forgive me solider for what I'm about to do I love my country not you". As I ended this man's life I sat on foreign almost alien soil, and I cried. How could I have done this to a man that served the Greman version of Uncle Sam. It made the dirt on my face turn to mud which burned my eyes and made me cry more. Then I remembered the day I got drafted. My mom cry and pray to god why. She said "god I'm a good Christian I go to church and help people why my son!" She cried non stop so much the salty water peeled away her face. And we'll my dad said "good luck son don't do anything I would." Just then a parachute landed 20 meters away. I jumped in a violent fear. After I retrieve me bloody stain knife, I went over to this boy on the ground