Chapter 1: Before the Darkness

One day, Lightspeed was peacefully running around the US looking for some crime, and a group of scientists in Texas noticed a blue streak go by their lab. They pretended to work for the government and pretended to help the economy but they were actually doing the complete opposite.

When they saw Lightspeed run by, they ran inside and got ready to measure the speed next time Lightspeed came by. They didn't have to wait long because not too long after that, Lightspeed zoomed by again top speed this time, and the speed tracker said "673 mils per hour"

The scientists were amazed. They had never seen such speed. They stopped Lightspeed and said they needed help with an experiment. All of them were shocked to find out Lightspeed was actually a 12 year old. Lightspeed agreed to help them so he went inside the lab and went to his chair in the testing chamber. The scientists were working on a cloning machine and they put it right on top of Lightspeed.

The Scientists pulled the lever, and the cloning machine fired up and the white glow from the device engulfed Lightspeed. He screamed in pain, but no one could here him. There was also a blinding light that was soon replaced by a blue explosion as Lightspeed zoomed out of the lab and headed home.

Back at the lab, the cloning machine worked but it went wrong as the clone of Lightspeed became a black shadow with white eyes, and he then took off through the wall to wreak havoc on the world.