Chapter 1: Friendships

"Ah! C'mon! Seriously? I call cheats!" I slammed down the gaming controller and stared angrily at the victor. He smirked back at me.

"Don't get so upset over a game, Ashley!" He said teasingly. He laughed.

"You're gonna get it, Liam!" I screamed and tackled him. I tickled him. He laughed even harder. He was ticklish everywhere.

It may look a little strange but we were close and didn't mind. He was my best friend, after all.

Boy and girl friendships are amazing. They have their downsides, like making the whole school think your dating and not being allowed to have sleep overs. But it's easy to cope with. Boy and girl friendships have these special perks about them that make them so unique. They are rare things to have too. Most boys just want to get in good with girls so they can date them. But there are some, like Liam, who actually become friends with you because you have great potential and are an amazing person, like me.

Liam and I met in 6th grade. I always thought he was the weird kid in school. He had longish, brown hair that reached his ears. His face was covered with freckles. He was very tall and frail. He was interested in things I though were weird back then like Pokemon. But I wasn't any prize myself. I wore black glasses, which I still wear today and had really long blonde hair at the time. I was very pale. I was below average height.

I started talking to him because one of my friends introduced us. I'm thankful that. I don't know where I would be without him. Probably mixed up in the wrong crowd.

Ever since we talked, we became closer and closer. He made me realize that I had a secret love toward video games, which I hated before then.

Now Liam was even taller than before. Almost 5 9" in fact. He still had that haircut, except he cut it a little above his ears. Other than that, he hasn't really changed.

I was still the same. Taller than before and I cut my hair to shoulder length but that's pretty much it.

"Ah! Crap! Stop! Ahah!" Liam continued to laugh is ass off as I tickled him. He thrashed around as I did so. It was quite amusing to watch.

He finally broke free from my grasp and backed away, panting.

I erupted into laughter. It was impossible not to laugh when I was around Liam.

I heard the doorbell ring. That must have been my dad. It was already time to leave?

"Aw shit. I have to go. Ugh. Why can't you just live with me?" I said as I packed my things.

"Haha. I wish." He said sarcastically as we embraced each other.

"Bye!" I screamed as I walked through his front door to meet my dad.