Live

The new stations flocked to the George Washington Bridge, cameras rolling with shaky footage and unclear audio. No one could make out what they were saying from the wind on the bridge.

"We are here at the George Washington Bridge-"

"-Two unidentified men are talking-"

"Witnesses say they have been talking for about an hour. The man looked disturbed, climbed over the ledge, and started shouting-"

They were flies swarming around any and all chaos they could find. Needing a piece of the drama, they all marched to the front lines in an attempt to get the biggest scoop.

To the two friends, who were flirting with the idea of dying, the lights of the cameras were just testaments to the fact that no one would help them.

Jack looked too cheery to be depressed. He was told it was for attention.

Clark looked too depressed to be consoled. No one approached him since, in his mind, he deserved it.

And now the two of them were able to tell the world they were wrong.

They were depressed and about to die on live television.

As Jack slowly tipped forward, he watched his feet slowly fly off the ground. His mind was foggy with a sense of vertigo as his lungs filled with his last breath of air.

Clark, knowing he had nothing left on earth, jumped right after him.

He mouthed words the flies' microphones could not pick up. They swarmed to know the last words of a man so deep in despair. After all, his words meant the front page of all the local news channels.

Free falling, friend by his side, Clark wished he had something to live for.

Because, by God, he wanted to live.

The splash of the two men who hit the icy cold water below was forgotten two days later.