Chapter 10: Nightmares

*In Laura's Dream*

Laura's POV

I was running. Running away from something... No... Someone. But who? I jogged through the forest, the same forest I use to get to the castle. I pushed through the leaves and trees trying to escape... escape from whatever it was I was trying to run from.

Suddeny, I fall. Smack, right on the ground. Something comes up behind me and covers my face. It's now pitch black. Then in another moment, I'm in a new location. I can't exactly make it out. My head suddenly flinches in pain. I'm being abused. My head is throbbing. I feel blood running down my legs and arms. What in the world...?

That's when suddenly, I see someone coming up to me. I see blonde hair... Tall height, definitely a boy... It's Ross. He's yelling at me. But not in a bad way. It's like he's trying to make me hear him. Truthfully, I really can't make out anything he's saying. I feel dizzy enough trying to regain the strength I had lost before.

Just then, the same tall, shadowy figure that captured me starts to creep up behind Ross. I felt every nerve in my body try and scream for Ross to get out of here. To run. But a fist came down on the back of Ross's head. I felt water... a tear... slowly crawl down my cheek. I couldn't move. My brain was telling me to get up and help him. But I just couldn't do it.

The tall man beat Ross sensless. He fell to the ground in defeate, as blood fell from his forehead. My insides were screaming... My eyes felt closed... They slowly started to open...

Ross's POV

I stared down at her and watched her as she rested. Not in a creepy way, just making sure she's still here. Still breathing. I lightly stroke her hand which I am currently holding. She moves a little as she sleeps. Just a little bit though, like anyone would do in their sleep.

But then suddenly,  she moves even more. And not just a trying to get comfortable kind of move. She looks like she's panicing. She starts shaking her head.

"No..." I hear her say. I furrow my eyebrows and scoot closer to her.

"Laura?" I say. She doesn't open her eyes. She begins to freak out even more.

"NO!!" she screams. Now I start to freak out. I stand up and sit down on the bed by Laura. She moves around and hits the bed with her hands. I grab her shoulders and shake her body.

"Laura wake up!!" I yell. She keeps moving and shouting. Then, her eyes shoot open. She screams. Screams an ear piercing scream. She looks around furiously, trying to regain her senses. "Laura!! Laura it's me!!" I say, still holding her shoulders. She grabs my arms and squeezes them as she looks around the room.

Her eyes finally meet mine. She has tears forming in her eyes, threatening to fall. I cup her face in my hands and lean in close. "Laura, you're okay. Just calm down." She stares deeply at me.

"R-Ross?" she says, making my name sound like a question. I nod my head slowly.

"I'm right here." I calmy whisper. She then flings her arms around my neck and pulls me down into a hug. As much as I don't expect that, I go along with it and hug her tightly. She cries harder into my shoulder. She obviously had a bad dream. I sit her up in bed still holding her in the hug. I rub her back and try my best to calm her down. "Shhh. Shhh, it's okay. You're safe. It was just a dream."

A minute or two had passed. She still has her arms around me, holding on for dear life. I nuzzle my face into her neck and give her a small squeeze. "Are you okay, Laura?" I ask quietly. I hear her sniff a little bit.

"I'm s-scared... of l-letting go..." She says with a shaky tone in her voice.

"Why?" I ask. I slowly back out of our hug, but don't completely let her go. I unwrap my arms from around her and bring them down to her tiny, cold hands. I lifted my head up and looked into her eyes.