Gather Your Things, We're Going to the Bahamas!

Why are you acting like I’m a child? It is only a 5-day vacation.” Khloe was annoyed at Kaden’s complaining. Kaden was the typical worried older brother. He’d been that way ever since she hit puberty and breast and hips doubled in size. He was a worry bug.

“I don’t think it is safe for you to fly to the Bahamas with a bunch of friends, your friends to be exact.” Kaden voicing his usual distaste for her group of friends.

“Kaden, listen to me, mom and dad are completely fine with this trip but you are still talking about it. Give it up.” Khloe zipped up the last suitcase and walked into her bathroom. She smoothed down her pitch black pixie cut and fixed her makeup. Nothing was going to ruin her mood. She was done with her junior year of college, her 21st birthday was coming up, and she had worked her butt off to afford the vacation.

“I’m just saying, why does Xa have to go? Didn’t you break up with him for cheating on you?” He just had to bring up Xavier. Xavier was good person but a horrible boyfriend. If she had it her way, he would not be going on the trip but he partially paid for the townhouse they were renting and she couldn’t find anyone else to cover his portion.

“Yes, I did break up with him but he paid like everyone else so he’s going. Kaden, I would love to continue this conversation with you but I’m meeting everybody at Myra’s house before we go to the airport. Help me put my bags in the car please.” She grabbed one suitcase while he grabbed another. They walked out into the hot South Carolina heat. It was mid-summer and the sun was at it’s highest point. “In a few hours, I will be enjoying the tropical air and crisp blue Bahamian waters. Be very jealous.” They both laughed.

“I know you’re basically grown but you’ll always be my little sister. Now call me when you land in the Bahamas.” He was giving me the tightest bear hug. She had no choice but to love her brother. “Call mom and dad too. They’ll probably call the house before you even get there.” She chuckled. Their parents could be overbearing at times. She got into the car, blew a kiss to her brother, and drove off.

“Khloe, I’m going to meet a fine, chocolate Bahamian man and bring him back to South Carolina to live with me!” Myra declared loudly.

“Myra, you think that it is wise to bring a man you hardly know to live with you in your small apartment with your other three roommates? You are truly insane.” Everybody burst out laughing. Myra rolled her hazel brown eyes and flipped her curly brown hair. She was such a diva.

Khloe and Myra were two of the eight people that was going on the trip. They were all friends in one way or another. Khloe, Myra, Ariel, and Tessa were best friends. They met each other their first semester of their freshmen year and they’ve been inseparable ever since. Xavier, Brenton, Charlie, and Max were their closest guy friends.

“Everybody needs to hurry up and finish their breakfast. I’m ready to go and I don’t want to miss our flight.” Tessa was a control freak and everything needed to be organized and in an orderly fashion. Her appearance gave it away. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun without a hair out of place and her clothes ironed to a crisp.

“Tessa, chill out, we are not going to miss our flight. You should take a shot before we go to loosen you up.” Leave it to Charlie to bring up alcohol since he lives to drink.

“Great idea! We all take a celebratory shot before we go.” Xavier brought out a bottle of peach Ciroc from who knows where and proceeded to drink from the bottle. They all took their turn drinking from the bottle and then Tessa was left. She took a sip and set the bottle down.

“Alright! Time for the Bahamas!!” Everyone cheered.