Chapter #29 Mending Bonds

Night had fallen over Vailstone kingdom and while the princess was sleeping under the roof of a tent the same couldn't be said for the lonely prince. It had been quite some time since he had run away from the hospital and unfortunately eaten as well. Christian wandered under the night's blanket of stars. He was somewhat cold and his stomach constantly growled. The young prince held his belly while slowly entering a vast and empty park. 

He walked a paved trail seeing playground equipment thanks to the star's twilight. A pond, absent of any ducks, harbored a park bench near the edge of the water. The brown haired teen walked over and sat down to rest his tired feet. His legs were sore from all the running and walking. Dodging into alleyways so as not to be seen. He was uncertain of who he could trust anymore. He looked up at the bright twinkling stars with exhaustion.

"What am I doing? All I wanted was to have an adventure of my own. Was that so much to ask for?" he questioned the sky. The boy began to muster tears, "Why did this happen? What DID I DO?!" he yelled. "What am I supposed to do now?"

Christian wiped the moisture from his eyes and sniffed due to his runny nose. He tried to be strong, but the pain was too much. The prince began crying again, tears fell from his cheeks onto his shirt and vest, but what distracted Christian from his misery was what happen once one of his tears dripped inside the spiral sea shell on the end of his necklace.

A tiny pink light shimmered from inside the sea shell for a small moment, but long enough for Christian to notice.

"Huh? Pink light?"

Christian grabbed the necklace and inspected it for a brief moment, but saw nothing unusual. "I could have sworn I just saw..." he stopped looking into the opening of the small shell.

As the boy peered inside again a small flicker of pink light flashed from deep with-in letting out a tiny bit of glitter into his face.

"Ah! Ptf, pft." he shook his face to scatter the pink glitter, "What tha heck was that? What's in there?"

"Excuse me?" a tiny voice asked.

"Huh? Who's there?" he questioned looking behind him and around the park bench.

"Oh, now I'm a 'who' and not a 'what'?"

"Hey? Is somebody inside there?" he inquired poking at the shell.

"Hey, stop it. Cut it out." the voice ordered.

"What's going on here?" he asked as his tears began to dry up. Christian blew inside the shell to try forcing what or who was inside out.

At that time a burst of pink light flew out of the sea shell and into Christian's face. A small pixie flew before him surrounded by pink glitter and shining light. Her tiny body had long wings attached to her back which allowed her to fly about. The small pixie was no larger than a small cup, her eyes were black, and her hair a ruby red.

 The small pixie was no larger than a small cup, her eyes were black, and her hair a ruby red