Épilogue

Épilogue

Dear Alice,

America is miserable.

The weather is dreary, the people are pretentious, and the professors are terribly strict.

So naturally, I love it here.

I've learned so much. Although, it is difficult without a certain prefect reporting me to the Headmaster each week for chewing gum or wearing the wrong type of socks.

I miss you, Alice. You would absolutely thrive here. The people are almost as rule following as you. How is your mid-semester break going? I do hope you'll visit a city with better reception soon.

With love,

Finn

***

Dear Alice,

You already know this, since we've been texting nonstop, but my professor praised my story in front of the lecture today. Thank you for editing it for me, by the way. I don't know what I'd do without you. Probably stress less. Or more, honestly.

These letters are the only thing getting me by.

I miss you,

Finn

***

Dear Alice,

University is going well. I can't believe I've almost completed my second semester and your first year is coming to an end. At least Hong Kong is a little closer to me than Australia.

I know we saw each other a month ago, but I already miss you.

I miss the feeling of your skin on mine. I miss the curve of your mouth against my lips. I miss the silk touch of your hair and the heavenly way you whisper my name.

Please visit again soon. I don't know how I'll survive another three months without the feel of you in my arms.

I love you,

Finn

***

Alice,

I wrote this for you.

A woman came to me last night,

Skin like paper and hair of ink.

My words were stolen by the moon,

And I did not dare sleep a wink.

My heart shuddered from her cold touch.

Her fingers wandered on my skin.

And tears, they fell fast from my eyes.

For I began to want in sin.

And in the morn, she disappeared,

The sun's light stole all which I had.

The shadows vanished from my room,

I could not say that I was glad.

The little time I had with you,

Was nothing but a hurried blink.

My words were stolen by the moon,

So, I did not dare sleep a wink.

Can you guess who it's about?

Love,

Finn

***

Dear Alice,

I'll see you this weekend.

Love,

Finn

***

Alice,

It's our anniversary this week. I'll be seeing you in an hour at the airport and I can't stop shaking withI don't know. Excitement? Nerves? A terrible mixture of both?

You won't receive this letter until after it all, so I won't be spoiling anything by telling you this: I love you with all my heart. Since the day we first became friends, to the day you kissed me in your bedroom. I'm so glad I kept bothering you.

I want you to be mine forever.

Will you marry me?

I really hope you say yes, otherwise this letter will be awfully awkward.

With love,

Hopefully your future husband,

Finn