Chapter 4

peace.

Tanjiro's POV
____________

After I hugged Zenitsu. Zenitsu ran to his father and told him everything while crying and hugging his father.

"This hasn't happened before. Every single year, This hasn't ever happened before." Zenitsu's dad hugged him back.

I was hiding behind the wall listening.

"There!" Zenitsu pointed at the wall I was hiding. He ran to me and dragged me to the king.

"He slashed the demon so easily!"
Zenitsu pointed at me,

"Eh?! I-I just protected him!" The king looked at me suspiciously.

"Our guards who went to kill demons in the forest died. There were thousands that have died, How did you manage to kill that demon?"
The king questioned me.

I was frustrated. I didn't want them to know about my past.

Tanjiro's Past

"Nii-chan! Nii-chan!" Hanako yelled from afar. While carrying some flowers.

"This is for you Nii-chan!"
Hanako placed the flowers on Tanjiro's hands.

"It smells good! Where did you get this Hanako?" Tanjiro patted her head, Hanako pointed at the blossom tree.
Then.. Something unexpected happened.

Hanako's hands were cut off. Blood was flowing, Hanako stands still.
She wasn't reacting to anything about it. But then, She fell to the floor with her eyes were twitching and wide open.

"Hanako! Hanako! Wh-" Then her head was smashed by a demon.

The demon had a strong scent. Then the demon's head was chopped off.
By a katana and the one holding the katana is a boy who had a black ponytail and blue eyes.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't save your sister." The boy said emotionless.

I screamed loudly in pain. I lost my sister. The boy didn't seem to care at all but I smelled his scent and it was full of pity.

After that, I blacked out and woke up with flowers behind me. I teared up and the boy who was resting on a tree.

"Find an old man who wears a tengu mask. Say Tomioka sent you."
He crossed his arms.
I nodded.

Then he straight up vanished.
I ran as quickly as I could and found a cabin. I knocked on the cabin and there was an old man wearing a tengu mask.

"I see. Giyuu sent you?" I nodded rapidly. Then a few days he started training me. I managed to cut a big rock. Then he stopped training me, He said.

"There's a castle there, Run as fast as you can. So the night won't begin." I nodded. I ran as fast as I could at the castle. It was hard. I managed to arrive until sunset. The guards agreed to let me in and I found my family.
Me and Hanako were lost, We didn't found our family.

I lived poorly in the house. All people were greedy outside.
They sometimes beat me up when I go outside. But my family is low on food so I had to find a job. None accepted me. But I didn't give up and I managed to find a job as a bodyguard.
This could make me so much money.

End of the past :)