ii

Okay, so, Jimin might be attracted to the young sergeant.

How can Jimin not be attracted to Jungkook? Despite his shit eating grin and irrational reasons of trying to make Jimin suffer, he was still a beautiful man.

They had a soccer competition that afternoon against the 4th squad which was led by Sergeant Choi after learning the Seven Army Core Values. The Gods had blessed Jimin's squad with Taekwoon and Yoseob, who were gifted with the talent to play soccer.

Jimin, who was totally hopeless in soccer, got all riled up when they were betting for choco pies and colas. Choco pies were not exactly Jimin's favourite. Back then, if he were to found an untouched packet of choco pie on the street, he would have kicked it or just stepped on it. But now, he would do anything for one packet of choco pie.

The meals that were provided were no joke. They were all shit. Even that thing they called 'hamburger' was shit. Jimin never knew hamburgers could taste that bad.

The first time he received his tray of food, Jimin wanted to lie down on the ground, kick his feet in air and scream for real food because tofu and anchovies were not real food. Not according to Jimin anyways. He was so used to having toasts, steaks, Actual Hamburgers and anything other than the shit food in the cafeteria. Now, he cried when he remembered that one time he had wasted one bread toast.

Which is why, Jimin was trying his hardest to run around the field, pretending to chase a stupid ball while silently praying for the ball to never come to his direction. He knew with Yoseob and Taekwoon in his team, they would win no matter what. Sergeant Choi's face darkened every time Taekwoon scored a goal while Jungkook's would nod in approvement.

Jimin wanted to walk over to Sergeant Choi, pat him on the shoulder sympathetically and said, "I feel you, bro" because he knew how irritating it would be to have a younger man being a step ahead of you.

Jimin made the biggest mistake in his life when he glanced at Jungkook, whose bright eyes were alight as if stars were trapped inside them and his lips curved into a huge grin that he never ever showed to them, when Yoseob managed to score a nice goal. At that moment, Jimin swore he saw lights shining from heaven and the angels begin singing.

The next thing he knew, he was face first on the ground.

He knew from the way Jungkook was breathing heavily through his nose and from the way his lips were pursed tightly to form a straight line that the young sergeant was pissed. They were at the sick bay, Dr. Seokjin assured that Jimin was fine and Jimin begged to differ because his fucking ankle hurt like a fucking bitch. He would have snapped right there and then, but Dr. Seokjin had been a nice man who was generous in giving warm smiles so he decided that he was against it.

The last person he wanted to piss off was a person who knew what medicine to give to you.

"I'm gonna grab an ibuprofen from the storage room," Dr. Seokjin informed. "Can't believe Nurse Hoseok forgot to restock it again," he muttered under his breath.

Jungkook thanked Dr. Seokjin before giving Jimin a pointed look. "How, in the name of God, you manage to sprain your ankle when you're so fucking far from the ball is beyond me. What the fuck were you thinking?"

'It's because of you, you dipshit.'

"Look, Park Jimin, I get that you're some bloody heir of a businessman and you managed to fucking own a hotel or whatever, but you're in army now and no family connection is going to help you here, do you get me?"

And this was the moment when Jimin was certain that yes, indeed, his father must have told Jungkook what an incompetent moron Jimin was because what type of sergeant would know certain information about the recruits? It was not that the sergeant was given their personal files in the first place anyways.