prologue

✃ ╴ ╴ ╴

clouds.

some white, some gray. together, they gave off an illusional tan tone. one that was most prominent when the sun was in the process of logging out for the day.

  the time on the season being autumn caused the temperature to shift and fall. sweater weather as some may call it. the seasons of layers and fluffy socks. a dream come true to most.

  the heater the man sat atop of in their hotel room gave him a view of the outside. one of his legs dangled off of it allowing the warmth to soak into his sweatpants, gradually warming him up.

profiterole in hands, hanamaki sat hunched on a heater, spilling cream from the pastry onto his clothes. good thing his shirt was white so it seemed to blend in. bad thing was that it made his fingers uncomfortably sticky and he couldn't be bothered to go wash them in the bathroom.

more like he couldn't, as it was occupied by someone who took too long to get out of the shower. he sucked his teeth in annoyance as more of the filling dirtied his hands.

hanamaki placed the treat down without thinking of the dust it might collect. he shuffled to the bathroom's door to yell at its occupant.

  "hey mr. fancy shampoo, could you get out please?!"

  though the only response he received was obnoxious singing of 'le festin.' though every lyric was incorrect. you show a man ratatouille and suddenly he's french.

  as much as he didn't want to, due to the nauseous smell of the hotel soap, he entered the bathroom, using his hand as a mask.

  "ISSEI!"

  the singing came to a halt as a face peaked out of the shower curtains. "no issei here, please come again later."

  "ma—" the curtain shut. "look i love you and all but, you are tone-deaf. please shut up and get out. i want to wash my hands."

  "my singing is beautiful~." the other replied in a sing-song voice. "plus, you're in the bathroom now can't you just wash them now?"

"no, because your hands need to be washed for 20 seconds and i cannot hold my breath for that long. the smell of the hotel soap is disgusting."

  "how dramatic. just breathe through your mouth."

much to mattsun's amuse, and makki's displeasure, he stayed wash what was left of the dessert on his hands. he probably wasn't going back to finish it anyway seeing as he already went through the trouble of washing his hands.

  his childish behaviors from when he was younger seemed to have stuck to him despite being a so-called "mature adult." as if. or maybe he liked being dramatic just to annoy matsukawa. either one sounded reasonable enough.

  speaking of, the shower head was turned off in a halt causing makki to flinch at the sudden action. with this, he left the bathroom. he made sure to turn off the lights as he left the room to scare the other.

╴ ╴ ╴  ╴

"you are dumb, unattractive, overweight, unworthy, untalented."

"all i did was turn off the lights—"

"damn right, and it was a cruel move on your part," the curly-head announced as he sat by the other on the bed they shared.

  water dripped from his hair onto takahiro's phone. he wiped the device onto the other's pant leg. they were really at each other's throats today. acting as they did when they were still teens in high school.

  "would you get off your phone and supply me with hugs?"

  "could you dry your hair properly after getting out of the shower?"

  the phone, which was used scrolling through memes on twitter. "c'mon let's just talk. we have a big day tomorrow."

  "talk about what, exactly? not some cheesy stuff please."

  "of course not makki, i would never. i'm not oikawa."

  the smaller male cracked a smile and laughed for a while before leaning on the other's chest. "alright then, what should we talk about? what's would be best?"

  "how about the time you got stuck in that swing set?"

╴  ╴  ╴ ╴

woah..
did he just upload..

yes. yes i did. enjoy (: