I Like Him

3rd person POV

Boss entered the restaurant and looked around to find the lady happily waving at him. He walks up to her table smiling at the girl who was looking her best. Yesterday after reading all of Fon's concerned messages the boy had decided to text her to meet up not expecting a sudden response which came in only seconds  after he had texted.

[I am so glad to know you are fine, I was worried]
[let's meet tommorow at our favourite restaurant.]

Stated her reply making Boss sigh as he look over to see Mek who was sleeping thinking again as to what he was doing? but shrugged his thoughts away.

"Hello Fon" he said greeting the girl in front of him as he sat down opposite to her.

"Where were you all this time. I was so worried" was the first thing he heard from the other, concern apparent on her face.

"I was away from home for a while. The signals there were not good." He lied but didn't mention the trip with Mek since the boy had already explained his meeting with Fon a few days ago.

"Oh!" Exclaimed Fon before speaking again "So...You read my message then?" she ask and Boss could just nod.

"It's okay though, I understand." He replied, a sad smile stretched over his face.

"Well about that message, can you forget about it" she said and Boss just stared at her, frowning his eyebrows trying to understand what the girl meant but couldn't, tilting his head he gave Fon a confused questionable look to which she sigh.

'Why does everyone keep telling me to forget?' Boss questioned himself

"I am saying I don't want to breakup."

"What about your job?" he asked; still confused.

"I am planing to quit" came a short reply making the boy shot his head up to stare in disbelief. "Why?" he asked "For you, I want to be with you." The words left the listener dumbfounded as he could not believe what he was hearing while his subconscious drifted back to the boy who had claimed to love him just yesterday. He sighed looking at Fon who was giving him an expectant look.

"I think you shouldn't do that, it's your dream we are talking about." Said Boss sternly knowing just how badly the girl wanted to pursue that dream and he was happy for her so he can't choice to destroy it for selfish reasons.

"But..."

"Beside I like him" he mumbled out loud

"Huh!"

"I like Mek" he repeated confirming his words earning a frown on the other before she composed herself to speak again "What?" she asked

"I just realized it but I like Mek, I am sorry I can't be with you so you shouldn't think about quiting something you worked so hard for."
Hearing all that Fon froze, she stare at the boy in front of her trying to register those words in his mind. She loved him, had loved him since they were young, enough for her to give up her dream job but she messed it all up when the girl texted him in her panic being under pressure from the management.

"Are you Okay?" Boss interrupted her thoughts receiving a halfhearted nod as a tear fell off he eyes and rolled down her face.

"I asked for a breakup so I can't really complain" she said whipping her face.

Boss's POV 

"I am really sorry" I said as I stood up and leaned forward, placing my hand on Fon's cheek to whip her tear. I didn't want to hurt her or anyone, she has been a good friend and I like her but not as much as I thought. I don't know why but Mek has consumed all my thoughts right now that I think I might just love him as much as he claimed to love me.

"Boss" A voiced gained my attention as I pulled my hand away from Fon before turning to find my friend with the young medical student, probably on a date.

"Bohn..." I said eyeing between the two boys

"When did you get back?" Bohn asked.

"Yesterday" I replied.

"And where is Mek." I looked at Fon trying to find the least embarrassing answer. "I don't know" I said hoping the other won't say anything else

"Why? weren't you on a trip together?" Here it goes, I don't think I can hide what really happened but I also can't just explain it.

"On a trip together?" Fon spoke in a questioning tone "but he was here a few days ago" she stated and I just wanted to kill Mek, good thing he isn't here or maybe it's a bad thing.

'Can't he just stalk me when I need him to'  I thought, sighing I turn back to Bohn wearing a sheepish smile. "Maybe you should ask Mek about it." Saying that walked out leaving the three confused.