The First Day

I moan at the sound of my alarm going off, I roll over and switched it off. "Great! It's seven o'clock and it's the first day of my last year in secondary school, woo" I mumbled to myself. I got up and made my way downstairs.

While I was downstairs, I showered and put on my uniform and made my way upstairs to blow dry and straighten my long brown hair. After I looked in my mirror and said to myself "Ready". With that I made my way outside to my grandad's car because he takes me and my little brother to school every morning.

After dropping my brother off, we pulled up outside my school, 'GREAT! I'm back to this hell hole' I thought to myself. I got out of the car and walked through the school gates and made my way to the office.

When I got to the office, I asked the receptionist "Hi there, is Mrs Ford avaliable to talk too?". She nods "I'll go and check, just wait there please" she replies, I nod and give her a smile.

While I was waiting, I thought I would, put my headphones in and listen to my music. The receptionist returns and says "She is very busy right now, can I take your message and pass it on". "Yes, please" I replied. I put my phone onto the side, while I went into my bag to look for my letter.

Suddenly, I heard "Michael Pitt huh?" I looked to my side, to see a blonde boy wearing an Nirvana top, with black skinny jeans and lip piercing. I looked up at him in shock, "You know who he is" I asked, he nods and replies "Of course, I loved his band Pagoda but my favourite song he has done, is his cover of Hey Joe" he smiled. I gave him a smile back and said, "That's my favourite song, he has done too". We looked at eachother and started to laugh, I looked away as I start to blush.

I suddenly remembered the receptionist was waiting for my message so she can pass it on. I looked at her and gave her my letter and said "Can you please tell Mrs Ford, I have hospital next monday and this is my letter for evidence". She took the letter from me and turned to the blonde boy standing next to me. "Are you Luke Hemmings" she asked, he nods his head, "I'll go and collect your timetable for you", the receptionist said while she made her way out of the office.

We stood there in silence for a moment and I just stared at my phone, while he did the same. But then I thought to myself, 'Why am I still here' I roll my eyes and put my bag onto my shoulder and started to make my way out of the office. I turned back and said with a smile "Bye Luke, it was nice to meet you". He turned around and replies "It was nice to meet you too, I'll probably see you around" then he winks at me. Which gave me goosebumps, I continue to smile and turn back round to the door and opened it. But before I could leave, he said "Wait...what's your name beautiful". I smile to myself but also cringe, my face starts to burn as I'm blushing. I walk out of the office but before I close the door, I reply "Paddi".