The Beginning

Hi. I am Jane, but not Mary Jane. I am 18 now. I do not have any siblings so I just live with my parents. But I have a best friend in the world, his name is Riley McDonough. We live in the same country, same district, same suburbs, same city, even same complex and guess what, we are neighbors. Well I can say that I'm quite bored seeing his face almost everyday because he just follows me everywhere I go. Haha he is not a creeper but I mean, we were at the same school since kindergarten.

"Hi." A little boy with dark hair, hazel eyes and weird smile just approached me and greeted me.
"Hi."
"Uhm hey."
"Yeah hey."
"I like your.........." He is starring at my lollipop. I know it. "shoes."
"Well I like yours too."
"Uhm.. It's a good day, huh?" I saw the sky is turning black like it's gonna rain in a sec. This boy is really weird. I just smiled.
"My name is Riley and you?"
"Jane."
"Well nice to meet you Jay, and did you just move here?" He even called me Jay at the first time, wow. But to be honest, at first I thought his name was Laley because he cannot say Riley correctly at that time haha.
"It's Jane. Yeah I'm new."

That was the first time I met Riley. He is still weird until now, I can tell. This is kinda crazy because soon we are going to go to college and I really hope he won't go to the same college as me because it means that I will go to college everyday with him...

"So Riley, what is your plan for college?" I asked him while driving home. We both can drive but since this car is mine so he's barely driving.
"Well I guess I won't go for it for a while cause yeah, you know that I have to take care of my little brother since my parents left us for a long time because of their duties and Connor won't come home until Christmas." Their parents are kinda busy all the time. Connor is his big brother who lives in another city because of his college life. Connor is such a musical genius, that's why he takes music as his major. He likes to play piano, guitar, saxophone, and the other music instruments. Riley used to play bass too, but I don't know why he stops.
"But I guess he can take care of himself like he is turning 16 soon and going to high school, right."
"Yeah but I still do not know though about my major. I might just hanging around here and doing my painting and all." Riley really likes to paint anything he sees. He's like just taking pictures on his mind and pours it into a painting. Like maybe just a lollipop which a little girl holds or Starbucks, his favorite drink, or his bad score for Math test, haha. Literally anything.
"I think you are quite good for that and why don't you go to college to make your dreams come true." Seriously, he is really good at painting. He is like telling you a story with his paintings. His Mom is another big fan of his works. His Mom even hangs his paintings on the wall at their house. That's one of 1001 reasons why I like to visit his house, because you can look at his works and being hypnotized with that. They're like telling you something.
"I guess painting is just another hobby so yeah." Just another hobby? I guess not.
"Uhm.. alright."

Then suddenly Shake It Off by Taylor Swift is playing on the radio and Riley is singing along with that song with his style. He makes some crazy moves sometimes when a new music comes on the radio and it really entertains me.

"Whatchu looking at, Jane?" Oops I think he saw me smiling all over him.
"No, nothing, I am just wondering why we are best friends like you are a weird guy with crazy moves and I am a good girl with a badass music taste which noone expects it." To be honest my music taste is quite good but because people just see me as a nerd girl so they expect me to like mellow music like what I hear is just sad songs and all. I can prove them that they are all wrong, since I loved to listen to bands so much and so did Riley.
"Well... YEAH YEAAAH YEAAAH HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE AND THE FAKERS GONNA FAKE FAKE FAKE....." He keeps singing until the song is over. This is why I love him haha

You might just wondering why the hell I am being best friends with this weird guy. I'm gonna tell you a story about my friendship life. So I tried to make friends at school. First, when I was at middle school. There was a girl named Rachel. She got good music taste as me (she has like 291742895 songs on her iPod which I don't understand anymore) and she likes to read so many books (she said to me she won't go to sleep unless she finished a book she currently reads). For the bookworm thing, it's quite different from me. I won't spend my night to read books because 1) I use these glasses since 3rd 2) I really need to go to sleep and 3) I better discover some new music. Maybe that's why she is a star at our class and I am just another average girl at class.