Prologue

'ARABELLA! WHERE'S MY WINE?!' My mum screamed as I slumped into the chair.

'You've drunk it all mum,' I quietly replied.

'GET ME SOME MORE!' Her voice raising.

'Mum, I've got homework to-' my mum hand came into collision with my face.

'I SAID GET ME SOME MORE!' She hollowed. I slipped on my shoes and tied them up. I wiped on my coat. It was 3 years old but still in good condition. I had been getting my mum wine from the local store, for months now. I looked older than I was.

-

-

-

I ran down the street, not wanting to be too long. I had funny looks from a few people, walking on the opposite side of the street. My cheeks were rosy as I got to the front door. I could hear my mum shouting at the tv. I opened the front door and walked through to the lounge, where my mum snatched the bottle out of my hand and popped the cork. She slumped back into the couch and took a large gulp.

Her white top, with red wine stains crumpled up under her rib bones. Her hair, tatty, and brown. The jeans, black and ripped. I looked at the tv, she was watching big brother. I left her, lying on the couch, screaming at the tv as I wandered up the stairs.

I wish she had found another man after dad had died. Maybe she would treat me like her daughter. I didnt feel like her family anymore. She was so grumpy. I wish dad was still here, so she would be her normal self again. I miss my mum. I miss her very much.

-

-

-

I lie on my bed. Staring up at the ceiling.

'ARABELLA! WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!' My mums voice shook the house. I got up off my bed to open my bedroom door, to only be bombarded by my mum. She grabbed my hair and pushed me to the floor. She shoved a photo in my face. 'WHO THE HELL IS THAT?!'

'Thats Jack.' I said bluntly. Her foot coming into contact with my stomach. She picked my up by the hair and took a clear shot to my face, with her fist. 'Hes my boyfriend,' I didn't back down.

'BOYFRIEND, YOU AIN'T HAVING NO BOYFRIEND!' Her face just centimetres away from mine. I could feel her hot breath hitting my face.

'Just because you didnt find another man after dad died, and you can't be happy. Doesn't mean I can't!' My voice shaking after I realised what I'd done. She turned on her heal sharply, and made her way to the door. Without saying another word she slammed the door shut and I could hear her locking it.

-

-

-

I went without dinner, brushed my teeth and slid into my bed. I wrapped myself in the thin sheet my mum gave me. I shivered as the cold air hit my face. My mum never used the radiators. She would sit around the house with blankets and costs. She didnt have the money to have heat in the house. My feet frozen underneath the sheet. I wrapped myself up with my cardi, and coat. Looking at the ceiling, once again, I listen to my mum shouting at the tv.

-

-

-

Another night without sleep. My eyes stung as the sun rose above the city. The light shining through my bedroom window. Small. But enough to let sunlight in. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I slipped out of my clothes and got into the cold shower.

I got out and wrapped myself up in my towel. I stood at the sink and brushed my teeth. My eyes kept travelling to the mirror, but soon looking away as I saw my reflection. I'd always hated my reflection. I'd always been bullied for the way I looked. My hair, mousy blonde, wavy. My cheekbones, prominent. My eyes, bluey brown. My lips, thin, and blue. My forehead suffered the most from acne. My cheeks had a natural tint to them. My collar bones, slowly appearing. My boobs, slightly large for my age. My rib bones, prominent, just like my cheekbones. My thighs didn't touch, but still fat. I was always the 'anorexic' one. But it was the way I was. I was ever overweight. I was always underweight. I was never fed well. My mum never found the money after my dad died.

I was 14, and underweight.

-----------------

[A/N: I hope you like the prologue. I don't know whether I like it. Im working on chapter 1 at the moment, but I'm not sure i like it. Chapter 1 is always the hardest chapter. Trying to capture the readers.]