Chapter 2 A normal morning

Maryland's pov

I jumped up on my feet, barely landing on them. I looked around, being blinded from the bright color on the walls and the bright light from the window. I started to focus on my breathing while saying "You're fine.... It was just a dream. You're not back in that place. You are fine."

After a few minutes, I calm down. I looked around one last time, just to make sure. I sigh a little, rubbing my eyes. Slowly, I crawl back in bed, get all nice and comfortable, and try to go back to sleep.

A soft buzz comes from the intercom before a loud voice spoke, "If you're not in the dining room, please be making your way there."

"Welp, no sleep for me!" I jump out of bed and slowly start making my way there. While walking, I look at the pictures on the wall. A lot of happy memories, that I wasn't apart of. I just sit on the side and laughed with the other three.

It's not fair. We was so to certain states, we had siblings, but they all just dropped us like we was nothing. They don't even know what happened, not like they would listen anyway. I really shouldn't complain though, I have a new family. They understand me better than anyone ever did.

Do I even want to go in there? I looked in the dining room. They're so loud and chaotic. They can be heard from a mile away. I really don't know why I was complaining, now I just wish to be somewhere else.

I look at a small table in the corner. There was three states sitting at the table. One drinking coffee, one waiting excitedly, and one asleep. The one waiting finally noticed I was standing there and started to wave at me. I smile and wave back as I make my way there.

Delaware, Kentucky, and Missouri.... My family. Delaware is basically the dad, making sure we're safe and he's random words of wisdom. Kentucky looks and acts like he hates everyone but he's just a big softie. Missouri is just always so happy and tries to make everyone happy. They may not be family by blood but I love them and I'll do anything to keep them safe.

"Hi! Good morning, did you sleep well?" Missouri asked, he's voice loud and cheery. I nod a little. I don't wanna tell him about the dream. He seems to be the one that handles it the best, maybe its because he chooses to ignore it.

Suddenly, something feels very wrong. Maybe I forgot to do something, but what did I forget? I looked at all of them, I can't help but smile. I'll figure out what I forgot later, they need me now.