Chapter:16: The oppostion

Sahil's POV

"Dear Sahil,

What do you do when you are faced with elders who are hell bent on getting you married? I want to fulfil my responsibilities first and then get married. As soon as my responsibilities would be over, I would announce my courtship with you. But until then, the elders are becoming headache. What do you think I should do? My patience is running low.

Your troubled future wife,
Diya."

I laughed when I read her letter. I thought about the solution of her problem. If I react like her, I would end up scaring half a dozen of people, a few of them getting emotionally hurt in the process. Diya is a rational person yet can turn into quite a tornado of challenges. I almost chuckled while remembering the episode when she had challenged bandits during our Gurukul days.

"Dear Love,

It's simple. Just smile and let it go. They can't force you to marry anyone. Sometimes all you need to do is to be patient and wait for the right time. Just take a deep breath, think about our steamy time in the waterfall and relax (though it's tough to relax thinking about what could have happened if you had not stopped me) . That's what I usually do.

By the way, I was just wondering about when will you allow me to kiss you. You know it would be such a memorable moment. So where was I? Yes,

Great people know how to react. Choose your battles wisely. You don't have to pick up your weapon everyone someone says anything wrong.

Your guide and critic
Your future husband
Your future life partner

Sahil.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

King Dhruv's POV

I pressed my temple and massaged then. My head was aching. This was a new kind of trouble that I had not be expecting.

My father The King Suryarshidev and my mother The Queen Urvashi were hell bent on getting me married. Everyday they would show me the portrait of some Princess.

Only my younger brother, The Prince Vansh would tease me every now and then.

"Brother, you need to get married soon else my youth would be wasted and I would remain bachelor for my entire life." He would joke.

"Mother, I won't marry anyone just because I am scared of facing them on the battlefield!" I almost shouted.

Agreed that I am usually a very calm person in dealing with my parents, they were almost forcing me to get married to the Princess of Kshitij Kingdom, Princess Adiya. And what's more, the whole Council was supporting them.

"Think how powerful we would become after this alliance would happen. It's said that the Princess Adiya would assume the throne soon and she is said to be as generous and broad minded as her grandmother The Queen Naintara. She belongs to the family of the Greatest rulers ever! Our Kingdom needs a Queen like her! They have a tradition of Co ruling the Kingdom! We all too can adopt this policy!!" Gasped my over excited father.

"Yes! I would love to have an empowered women in my Kingdom to be the Ruler! Think how much our people can benefit from her experience! Besides our alliance with Harsha and Kshitij Kingdom would make us invincible and we won't need to wage any war for next few decades!" Said my mother.

Though my father was a sole ruler and there was no tradition of CO Ruling in my Kingdom, my mother was politically active and my father wouldn't hesitate to take advice from her.

"Mother, That would prove that we are cowards! I would rather fight in a battlefield than get married for the sake of the alliance! Please don't send any proposal to Kshitij Kingdom. I am prepared for any sort of war if it would take place!" I gave my final word and then no one spoke to me about it again.

I knew that my parents were hurt. But I wouldn't marry anyone just for the sake of increasing my power. Marriage must happen only when you love someone. Without love, chemistry, respect and compatibility, it's a mere contract.