Chapter 1 - Herobrine

Brine trembled in the darkness, scared with his heart pumping so fast it could've exploded. There was no turning back then, and Brine knew that. He had chosen to go into the labryinth castle, and his determination did not waver. One light in the darkness could not stay for long. He knew the darkness would devour him whole, but yet he survived. Clutching a single torch and a small iron dagger, Brine thought he was done for. He was only 12, a mere boy, and tears flowed from his eyes. However, he knew what had to be done, so that gave him strength. Strength that he definitely needed.

        The castle he went in looked menacing from the outside, but on the inside, it was even worse. The castle was made of blocks he had never even seen before. The more and more he thought, the more and more he got angry. He knew he couldn't make a noise or the monsters would find him, but he wished he could just scream out loud. Brine thought he was going in circles. He didn't know how long he had walked, but he was sure it was around a few hours. Aside from his torch and the blocks around him, Brine could barely see anything. The darkness swallowed up part of his dagger, so that he could only feel it. 

        Screams, peircing screams filled the labryinth and Brine in horror. Brine knew he had to always keep moving, even if he was going in circles. However, the thought of rest never went away. Suddenly, Brine heard footsteps and immediately slashed his dagger around, catiously looking from his left to his right. He heard a groan, the saddest groan he had ever heard. "Hello?" Brine asked. There would not be another person inside this labryinth, would there? He heard a groan again. 

        He walked toward the noise slowly. The groan kept coming and coming, sounding closer every time.  Then the figure emerged. It was a zombie, fully grown, and Brine's eyes widened in fear. He began to the run the other direction, until he came face to face with another zombie. He backed against the wall, and a small peep came out of his pocket. There was Brine's pet pig. He was very small, and his family had taken care of it for years. They enchanted it with long life, and yet it followed Brine in secret. The thought that he was not alone drove him, and he felt a surge of being angry and determined at the same time. 

        Brine weilded his iron dagger and slashed at one zombie, knocking it back. The zombie lurched down at him, but he slid under the zombie and stabbed him in the back. Brine watched as the zombie fell to the ground, but then fell into a hole into another chamber. Brine immediately picked his torch up and scanned his surrounings. He hoped the other zombie did not follow him, and looked up. Nothing.

        "BRINE!!! I SEE YOU HAVE FALLEN INTO MY LITTLE CHAMBER. WHAT A PITY!" yelled a voice. Suddenly the whole room erupted in light. Lava flowed under glass in the corners of the chamber. Brine clutched his dagger tightly. A man wearing a silky cape with diamond armour dyed black was sitting on the throne of some dark quartz. Brine had never known it was possible to dye diamond, one of the rarest materials in the world. He thought back to when he had found diamond, mining in a mineshaft with his brother Notch.

        Back then, when he was 6, there were no monsters, or evil lurking around. Brine knew who this man of evil was. He was the reason he came into the labryinth in the first place. This was the evil King Erik. King Erik had poisoned the land with his dark stone, burned villages, and created the undead zombie. Everybody feared him, and all that opposed him were never found again. Brine knew that if he died in Erik's chamber, it would be for a good cause.

        Brine narrowed his eyes at King Erik. "Come and fight me, you monster!" Brine yelled. He spat on the ground. A horde of zombies emerged from all sides of the chamber, surronding King Erik and Brine. Erik held out his hand and all the zombies suddenly stopped moving, watching intently. King Erik began to laugh. "You dare to oppose me, Brine?" he asked, eyes burning with fire, "You have no power compared to me. At least you will die a man's death." All the zombies howled and groaned even louder, but all stopped when Erik glared at them.