Chapter 3

Vee comes to a stop in front of an abandoned warehouse.  She shuts off the engine but makes no move to get out of the car.  You start to shift nervously in your seat, this is it you think. 

Once you get the ID you'll have to disappear.  It's all happening so fast, you're not ready to leave everything and everyone behind. 

"Before we go in, let's sort some things out."  Vee begins, getting out her phone.

She hands you the phone, on the screen is the website to your bank. 

"Login and set up a direct deposit.  Fill in your bank information and I'll fill out mine."

You do as instructed, setting up a monthly direct deposit then you hand the phone back to her.  You don't feel comfortable handing over your bank information to her, but this was the deal you made with her.  After she is done inputting her information she turns off the phone and puts it in her pocket.

"Follow my lead, don't talk to anyone and especially don't mention the bounty on your head." Vee stresses, leaving no room for discussion.

With that said she reaches over and opens the glove box.  You shift in your seat to give her more room, seeing as she has her upper body over yours.  She moves aside some papers and other items until she grabs a box of ammo pushing aside a small pistol.  Your mouth opens in shock, who keeps a weapon in their glove box.

Vee sees your expression and winks at you.
"Just in case."  She says, smiling at the thought of a gun fight breaking out.

With the extra ammo she steps out of the car, straightening her jacket and stands in front of the car.  Seeing as she's waiting for you, you quickly get out of the car and slowly make your way over to her, being extra cautious.  Her taking the extra ammo has warning bells going off in your head. 

"Stay close."  Vee says, walking towards the building.

You don't need to be told twice, whatever you are walking into you're not going to leave her side.

Once inside Vee takes the lead, you stay close behind her while looking around.  The warehouse floor is dirty with scraps of papers, broken glass and empty bottles laying about. You can see broken windows and the peeling of the wall paper.  It looks like no one has stepped foot in here, other than drunk teenagers and homeless people.  Briefly you wonder if Vee got the location right, but by the confident strides she's taking, you think again. 

She leads the way to a room in the back, there doesn't seem to be anyone in sight.    Now at the back of the warehouse you come to a stop at an old wooden door.  You nearly walk into her back at the sudden stop in motion.  She looks back at you, an annoyed expression on her face then knocks twice on the door.  After a few moments the door opens and you walk in.
The room couldn't be more opposite than the warehouse.  It's a big room with cameras and lights set up in various spots.   Against the wall you see a white sheet set up with marks on the floor in front of it, must be where you take the pictures.  All around the room there are computers, scanners and printers plugged in with people working on them.  They don't spare you a second glance, but the man fiddling with the camera looks your way as you enter. 

That must be Dex you think, he looks around your age.  He's wearing a tank top that shows off his impressive muscles.  When he makes eye contact with Vee he sends her a dazzling smile.  His white teeth shine in comparison against his darker skin.  Quickly making his way over to you, you're surprised when he hugs Vee.  You're even more surprised when Vee hugs back with enthusiasm.  You've never seen her show actual joy towards anyone or anything, beside guns and money.

"Vee!  It's great to see you.  Not causing too much trouble, are you?"  He laughs, stepping back from the hug.

Vee laughs, shaking her head before answering.  "Me?  Trouble?  Never." She draws out a smile on her face.