Copyright and Introduction

Copyright

All image formatting is done by The Dusty Bookshelf.

Background photo for quotes taken by geralt, on Pixabay.

Cover art by @314Kelvin, on WattPad.

All rights reserved. If you would like to re-post images from "It Has Been Said . . . Volume 1" to any social site, please include a link to either this book, The Dusty Bookshelf's Pinterest collection, or The Dusty Bookshelf's Facebook homepage.

If you would like to have copies of these images to download for personal use, please send a request to the_dusty_bookshelf@protonmail.com.

The Dusty Bookshelf does not own any of the quotes included in this book. Everything has been merely hand-picked and formatted into a specific aesthetic setting.

A great majority of the quotes included in this first volume were transcribed from the "20,000 Quips and Quotes" compiled by Evan Esar.

Thank you, sir, for all the work you did.

A preview of Evan Esar's book can be found here:  https://books.google.com/books?id=ouvzTy3AD9AC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false 

(The Dusty Bookshelf on WattPad, June 2020)

Introduction

"I quote others only in order to better express myself." 
~ Michel de Montaigne

And everyone loves a good quote. Whether 'good' means witty, or wise, or a delightful mixture of both, human beings love to collect, mentally store and spin-off quotes on a regular basis.

Which is why there are already so many books of quotes out there today.

So why read this one?

For one, it's free. For another, the formatting which The Dusty Bookshelf has attempted to give these quotes has been fine-tuned to be both as aesthetically pleasing and memorable as possible. 

If you are a quote-collector, then this is the book for you.

If you are not, maybe after reading this book, you will become one.

But as a final warning to any eager reader:

"You could compile the worst book in the world entirely out of select passages from the best writers in the world." 
~ G. K. Chesterton

So with Chesterton's words in mind, and without further ado:

Let the book begin.

(Find The Dusty Bookshelf's further collections on ~

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/The_Dusty_Bookshelf/boards/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dusty.bookshelf.35

If you would like to suggest quotes for The Dusty Bookshelf to add, please either message on WattPad or send an e-mail to the_dusty_bookshelf@protonmail.com

If you would like to request formatting for any quotes, poems or other pieces of literature 
(which are themselves not copyrighted) for personal use please send a request to the_dusty_bookshelf@protonmail.com. The Dusty Bookshelf reserves the right to decline some requests.)