Chapter 3

- What is happening to me?

- You're poisoned, I'll find a cure, I'll make it. I'll do anything to save you.

She smiled a bit and moaned.

- I know what you look like when you're not yourself. I'm not afraid of you.

- You should.

- I'm not.

she took a hard deep breath and said *I love you Bruce* Her hand searched for mine. I put it on her hand.

- I thought you didn't feel the same.

- That's what I thought too... I should've say this earlier. I realized I loved you, I was in your arms.

She had no voice, she missed oxygen, she had a nasal cannula but even with this it was hard for her to breathe. I kissed her forehead and said *Be strong, I'll get you trough this, I promise. There's no way I'm loosing you.*

I went back to the lab behing that glass seperating me from the strongest women I ever met. The other avengers been forbidden to see Kathleen until she's fine.  After two days I began to be very concerned. I didn't know how much time Kathleen would hold on. The third day she was on her final breath but I ran in time to inject her the cure. I put my hand on her cheek *Please, don't do this to me.* I put my head down on the edge of the bed squeezing her hand. I moved my head up when she said weakly. *The pain is gone.* I look at the scan screen and the poison was gone. I breathed a huge sigh of relief and laughed smiling.

Kathleen P.O.V

One by one, the avengers went to see me even thought I was a little bit weak and needed some rest after all this, my dad didn't go see me after I've been cured. I was wondering why. Clint went to see me first.

- How do you feel?

- A little bit worn out but I'm fine.

- We all been scared to loose you. And I saw and heard on the camera.

He winked at me. And I laughed.

- Clint come on. Stop kidding. Okay I owe you apologize. Clint I'm sorry, I've been blind about my emotions and I'm sorry that I didn't see it earlier.

We laughed together and he left to let Steve with me.

- Worn out?

- Yeah. I never felt that pain since... you know..

- I know. Natasha couldn't come she's very busy with new agents training, but she really wanted to come see you and Tony, you know how he is.

- Yeah I know, selfish. He's the badboy billionaire, I heard a lot about him. Absolutely not my kind of man.

We laughed and he said *We're leaving you. You need to rest.* Steve smiled and left the room.

Bruce came to removed the oxygen cannula because I didn't need it anymore.

- I'm bringing you home. Do you think you can walk?

- I think.

I turned to sit on the edge of the bed.

- I brought you clothes and shoes. I only found one pair of ballet pump and one pair of running shoes. you have a lot of high heels boots.

He smiled and laughed a bit. *Hey don't llaugh I'm a girl and I like wearing high heels, don't judge me* I said laughing put my hands behind his neck. *I'm teasing you.* He said smiling. I kissed him lengthily.

- Thanks for the clothes.

- I asked Clint to turn off the camera. You have three minutes to get dressed.

He got out of the lab and I got dressed fast and when the camera turned back on, Bruce went back to the lab to help me leave. I giggled.

- I can stand up Bruce you know?

- I'm sorry, I'm just afraid you fall.

- I won't fall. I know you'll catch me anyway.

He smiled and kissed me. We went back home. My cat greeted me by rubbing against my legs.

- Gandalf!

- You called your cat Gandalf?

- I like lord of the rings. Don't judge.

I smiled, blushed and stroked my cat.

I got up and Bruce pinned me to the ground when a gun bullet hit the wall. A man jumped and broke the window glass. I ran to him he was going to punch me but I blocked his punch and I knocked him out. He fell on the ground. Bruce came to hug me.

- Are you alright?

- Yes I'm fine. You saved me.

- You're welcome.

He looked at the man and and looked back at me.

- Wow. You broke his nose.

- I know.

- Do you know that guy?

- Yes. It was the assassin of my parents.

- I'm calling Nick.

- Yes good idea.

After Bruce called Nick Clint and Natasha came to my home and handcuffed the man. *Who knocked him out?* Natasha asked looking at Bruce and I. *Kathleen did it. She hit him so hard she broke his nose.* Bruce giggled. *What is making you laugh? Yes, I knocked him out. I told you I've been train by Natasha, don't search farther.* I giggled smiling at him. *Enough joking. We're leaving, we have to get that man to jail.* Clint said smiling. They left the house but my dad stayed. *Can I talk to you Kathleen?* He seemed a little angry even thought nick looked always serious, but when he was mad, i could see it.

I said to Bruce I would come back and went outside with my father.

- What do you want to talk about?