Chapter 1 (Part II)

Faith's POV

I went downstairs slowly.The stairs crept, daring me to go forward.I held my breath the whole way down, afraid someone would hurt me.The collected dust scared me, I had hope that my allergies wouldn't mess with me right now.Sure enough I started coughing uncontrollably. My dad roared with anger. He rushed towards me with a soft cloth in hand.He smiled at me, as if he cared for me.It seemed like everything was going to be okay at that moment. Hope filled my body, I finally had someone who cared. My dad reached towards me, wiping the dried blood off slowly.His smile turned dark, along with his eyes. A jolt of fear washed over me. Did he actually care for me? Was this all a joke? Or a dream?

Hope's POV

*The night before*

The familiar screams filled my bedroom. The sound of Faith's screams haunted me. My ears felt like they were bleeding. The urge to help the girl was strong. I couldn't though. If her guardian heard me, the punishment would be aimed at Faith, hurting her more. I looked at my picture on my wall. It had a bright dot in the dark sky. I loved that picture. It showed having hope in bad times (The pic is on the side).I wasn't in a very good mood today for....reasons that only Mother Nature could present to me.  I went to the bathroom. I stared at the knife in front of me. I had faith I wouldn't need that right now. No need for more blood loss if you understand what I mean. More screams filled my room. I did something next that was absulotly crazy. It changed her life, my life, and their life forever.