four

Jungkook woke up to the sun blinding him through the cracks in his blinds. He groaned and used his hand as a shield between him and the outside world. He woke up groggy as if he had been drinking, but he couldn't remember if he did, which means he definitely did. He sat up in his bed, rubbing his forehead and mumbling curses under his breath. When he looked at his phone he realized he was already late to work by an hour. He muttered more curses and decided he would take his time getting ready, since he was already late, there was no need to rush. A coworker was texting him frantically, a new text every half a minute or so.

Where are you?

why are you late?????

you're lucky the boss hasn't noticed yet but we need u here now

did you forget about what you had to do today ???!!

you were assigned to this project!!

GET HERE NOW

"Sheesh," Jungkook said. He texted back a brief "on my way" and took a shower to wash off the smell of alcohol.

He arrived at his office, headache still raging, and eyes still puffy. His shirt was only half way tucked in and his left shoe was untied. The coworker that was texting him all morning was the first to greet him. "Hey, you. Do you know what time it is? What took you so long? What were you doing last night?"

"Good morning to you, too. Park Jimin," Jungkook responded, obviously mocking his coworker.

"Hey. You did remember what project you have to do today, right? Do I need to remind you of everything? God, you're hopeless!" Jimin's puffed lips moved around quickly.

"I do! I do!" Jungkook defended himself. Although in reality he had completely forgotten about everything. He avoided Jimin's eyes.

"You are lying!" Jimin jabbed a finger at Jungkook's chest. "You know I always know when you're lying! You can't hide anything from me, Jean Jungkook. I know you too well," now he was smirking, and looking smug. It was true, Jimin could always tell when something was wrong with his dear younger coworker. Although they've only known each other for about a year since Jungkook started working at the company, they got along fast and became very close friends. Jimin took care of him since day one, and he always made sure to teach Jungkook how to get the job done, since he had been working at the office longer. Jimin had a brotherly endearment toward him. He felt like he's seen him grown up for years, although they haven't known each other that long.

"Alright," Jungkook sighed. "I forgot! I got drunk last night and forgot so could you refresh my memory?" He asked playfully as he messed up Jimin's styled hair. Although Jimin knew he had to play the role of the stern leader, he couldn't help but melt into laughter.

"Alright! Alright! Just leave my hair alone," he pouted as he tried to pat his hair back into place. It was not working. "You have to go to that photoshoot."

Jungkook had a confused look on his face. His memory was not jogging up. Jimin noticed and continue to describe the project.

"You know? That genius that got a job doing some engineering job? And got super rich because he discovered something important or something? So then he used the money he got to open free art and music centers all around South Korea for lower income children? How do you not remember this. We were talking about it for hours this week." Jungkook's face stayed blank for a couple more seconds until it all came back to him.

"Ah! That tall guy who's smart and handsome and who you said could be a model, right? That guy! I remember," Jungkook got a smug look on his face.

"Yeah. They guy who you said you would marry just to rub it in that Taehyung's face!" Jimin teased.

"Hey! We don't say the T-word in public," Jungkook hushed him. To be fair, he did say that, but it was because they went out to eat and he had been drinking. Just a little.

"Yeah yeah.