🛰Forty One🛰 Selections

As soon as the mana barrier blocking the materials has disappeared, it signifies the start of the competition.

"Just focus on your part, Escanor."

It was Alice who blandly reminded Escanor as she, together with Samantha went to the mountain of materials to pick the items they need to use.

They weren't in a rush as the artifact forging may not be the hardest part of this competition but instead this first part where you have to acquire the genuine materials.

The three of them were the elite students and had noble backgrounds as well allowing them to gain a lot of experience in forging and be exposed in a multiple materials.

They closed in to the shelves containing the materials. There is about 8,000 objects displayed and from this number, the 36 first year students is only allowed to take 20 materials each.

So a total of 720 materials would be taken from this 8,000.

"We only know that there will be fake copies that would be mix in the displays, but to think that it would be this lot."

Samantha grumbled a bit as she looked at the thousands of materials that is displayed and placed in its shelf. Of course, it wasn't only her as other students can be seen frowning at the large number of materials in front of them. They don't have the luxury to stay too much time scrutinizing each material.

They can't be too slow as well as genuine materials can be selected by the other team if they will consume too much time studying each items.

"Alice, it's up to you now. You're the one who received more guidance from him and he's watching so do your best."

Escanor patted Alice's back as he urged Alice to start her selection.

"You-- Whatever, I'll do my best. But you should analyse my selections as well to double check them. Of course, if you've seen a material that is genuine and you can be sure about it, just pick it up."

"Mhm.. alright, Alice and Escanor. Let's focus now."

Alice had a deep breath after answering Escanor who was teasing her. Samantha only shook her head at this and reminded them to focus since it's already the start of the competition.

In the month of preparation before this. Wallace and this 3 first year students had gotten close to the former as he taught them some tricks about validating materials. With Wallace's Divine Sense, he could clearly analyse any object that his skill has touched.

Due to this ability, he was able to determine more hidden traits about the materials being used for artifact forging.

Alice quickly started to gather her mind as she remembered all the training she has including Wallace's personal guidance.

"Dotted coating... minimal shade of blue.. moist texture... purple reflection... golden bearing... incorrect volume -- full of impurities.. obsydian hallow... glittering powder..."

Alice were muttering something as she collected materials. Everytime her hand touches a material displayed in the shelves, it would be considered as her selection lessening the 20 available slot for selection. As soon as it was selected, automatons would take the materials and bring it to their academy's station were the 3 artifact forging box is located.