Prologue

I'm a firm believer in certain things. Lets start with that. When I was younger, I thought mermaids, ghosts, witches, goblins, and all that fell under the supernatural category, to have existed. Fast forward a couple years and I still do. In seventh grade, one stuck out the most though.

The future does not exist.

Now when I first heard this from my reading teacher, who was a absolute philosopher at heart, I thought he was just messing with me, psyching me out. But that night, I did my research and I came to the conclusion that this was true. I'd never had that many friends thought middle school, maybe because I was a crazy bitch. So now me being a senior in high school, with no friends, and a full scholarship to Harvard for philosophy waiting for me, was pretty funny. Oh no, I'm moving to fast ahead. Okay, let's go back to my theories.

As a child, I would always do research about this type of stuff. I've watched so many documentaries, you could call me the history channel. My grandpa was always supportive of me even though he knew what I was thinking was complete and utter bullshit.

But it wasn't.

Well not to me at least. Now I'm not a believer like,

" Ahh aliens are going to the are over the world!"

Or

"The zombie apocalypse is coming soon!"

But I did believe the world was soon to come to an end. I do believe that there are mermaids and witches that conceal themselves well. I do believe there is a god and devil and a heaven and hell. I walk around sometimes, looking like Jehovah's Witness, trying to give out pamphlets about how you should believe in this type of stuff too. I know pretty pathetic. But it wasn't pathetic to him.

He didn't believe believe in my theories, but he didn't shove it back in my hand and tell me to get lost. He thought was what I was doing was pretty rad as he put it. But I wasn't gonna let him throw that pamphlet away like I allowed everyone else, no, I was gonna make him believe it too.

•••

Yes guys I know it's short but it's the prologue. I'm super excited for this story because I want to be a philosopher when I grow up. This prologue is dedicated to veeZy24 because we became besties over Riff Raff. He's actually gonna be talked about a lot in this story. AYEE. And Victoria likes Lil Wayne so I love her.

Enjoy!

- Ayana xoxo