Chapter 1

Iris pov:
I woke up with a pounding headache. I sat up and was instantly pulled back. Wait where am I? Wasn't I just in the car? Why can't I get up? I pulled once more this time with more force. Finally able to sit up I look at my surroundings for the first time. To my right I saw a window overlooking a roof and a little further away you could see the lake. To the left a curtain and a bathroom. Getting up I headed for the door. When I got out I realized I was at Crest Point. Now I'm freaked, I have to find my parents I started running down the hallway looking and yelling,

"Mom? Dad? Where are you?"

I immediately stopped running when I saw both of my parents lying there with a bunch of antibiotics running through their arms and and oxygen mask on their faces. Now close to tears, with a trembling voice I said,

"No this can't be happening, I can't loose the only family I have left."

I look for a doctor or a nurse seeing a doctor talking to a nurse and I run up to a them. "Excuse me what happened to my parents, they're in room 307?" I ask. They act as if I'm not there, "Hello?" I ask a little louder. I glare at them and walk away. What kind of hospital ignores a patient?

I walk back in my room and gasp at the sight. Its me. How am I looking at myself? My dark brown curly hair is pushed back and my face looks very pale. I have medicine injected into me. "How is this possible?" I just stood there looking at myself, just then a nurse walked into my room and I tried to make contact with her by pleading, "Hello, please talk to me. Stop ignoring me!" I decided I'd had enough I went to mess with her hair before another pale hand grabbed mine, Then a deep voice say, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Almost running into the machine behind me in freight the boy caught me saying, "What's wrong with you, why are you trying to make contact with the living? Don't you know that's against the rules?" I snapped, "No actually I don't know the rules, hell I don't even know what's going on!" He started shushing me and said, "Hey, keep your voice down, before you wake the reaper. And believe me you don't want that to happen." Looking at him with a confused expression I said much quieter than before, "What the hell is a reaper, and why don't I want to wake it?"He looked at me like I was crazy then said in all seriousness, "You really don't know what's happening to you, do you?" On the brink of tears I said, "No, but I do know my parents are laying in another room almost dead." My sadness turning into rage I finished with, "I'm in here being yelled at by you. Now tell me who you are and what's going on." Looking surprised at my sudden change in mood he said, "I'm sorry, I don't know where my manners went. My names Chris and I'm your guardian angel." He finished with a small smile hoping to break the tension. Thinking he was joking I replied with, "Is this some type of prank, because if it is, it's not very funny." He looked confused and said, "Why would someone joke about death." I stopped him right there by saying, "What are you talking about, I'm not dead, I can't be I still have a heartbeat." His expression softened as he spoke in a low voice, "Yes, you do have a heartbeat, but the doctors expect you to be dead by Saturday, you've been out since Monday night and today is Wednesday." I started to panic, "No, no, I can't die, how can I stop this from happening, there has to be a way. You're my guardian angel, so do something!" He once again shushed me and said, "There is one way but you have to move quickly. I cautiously asked, "Okay, what do I have to do?" He still had a serious look on his face when he explained, "You have to find the missing pieces of your soul."