Chapter one

Growing up, I never really understood why adults were so uptight. I mean life's good right? Well, I'm Amanda and I recently joined high school. You know the feeling when you finally join the school of your dreams and you just can't wait to meet the boy of your dreams and to just achieve all your goals. You prolly think, "this girl has watched grownish so much and now she thinks her life is like Zoey's" well you're right but then again welcome to my world.

I spent almost all my life around girls I mean being born and raised among girls. I'd have pure anxiety when a boy stood next to me and that's why I was really thrilled by the idea of highschool because I knew I'd be around boys and let's face it how was I going to react when a guy approached me? Wheew did I also mention am a total nerd and wierdo!

Well, I'm not like a hundred percent nerd I mean I can talk to people pretty well, I'm just addicted to books and my mom always says am an art nerd. But the wierdo part, hhmm I'm a total hundred percent wierdo. I love art! I love languages and you'd bet English is my fav subject. I wanted to try new staff away from books, art, sleep and coffee. I wanted to fall in love. I wanted a companion someone to share everything with, major reason I badly wanted to join Greendale high school.

Half my life was built on fantasy. You know when you spend half of your time thinking of what life could have been and trying to run away from reality? When you find escapism in books but your life is a complete mess. You just thirst for fiction because you can't face reality. I was always lamenting and saying "mahn I didn't sign up for this" I wanted to be like Zoey in grownish or any other movie star who had it all.

Anyway away from my fantasy zone and back to my boring reality. I was very ready for Greendale just two more days and I'd have my own cube, a pretty roommate, prolly a boyfriend. Best part, I'm going to be away from my paranoid mom and my "Mr. Perfect" dad. As much as I was very excited to join highschool, I was scared too. I mean I was going to a place where I didn't know a single soul. I'd have to make new friends, create new bonds and most importantly I had to fit in whatsoever.

Was I ready for this? "Mandy get ready, tomorrow is the big day" mom called me out on Sunday afternoon. Ain't going to lie, I had butterflies in my stomach". I mean high school is great and all but was I ready for it's reality? I couldn't stop asking myself questions on whether I'd be good enough, whether I'd fit in or how any of those other students would view me. "I'm all ready mom, I can't wait for tomorrow." I replied.