Regret

"You ... You told them? But why?"

Jungkook was in utter disbelief, his hands falling out of Jimin's grasp. Jimin's grin fell, a look of concern now taking its place. Jungkook could only stare, his thoughts running a mile a minute. When Jimin tried to reconnect their hands, Jungkook pulled his away, looking down to the ground.

"Are you upset with me?"

Jimin was looking at the ground now too. He began to unconsciously play with his fingers, occasionally looking towards Jungkook only to see the man going through internal torment. Jimin was confused to say the least, not sure why him telling the developer about them was causing problems. The only thing he could do now was wait for Jungkook to answer.

"Not upset necessarily. Just ... confused. I thought you didn't want anyone to know your name. And I get that the developer knows your name already, but why did you tell them about us? I'm just ... I'm just worried that your name will slip out during a conversation, or someone will figure out it's me and somehow use me to hurt you, or I'll lose your trust and you'll never talk to me ag—"

Jungkook had been ranting for so long that his hands were gripping his hair slightly. He hadn't even noticed Jimin stepping closer with every word. Jimin had gripped the small of Jungkook's back, pulling Jungkook towards him. Due to the quick motion, Jungkook took his hands out of his hair, quickly placing them on Jimin's shoulders to prevent himself from knocking the man over. Just as Jungkook stumbled into Jimin's hold, Jimin had leaned in and pressed their lips together.

Jungkook was still recovering from almost falling over but quickly relaxed into Jimin's hold. He felt secure and safe, as if nothing could hurt either of them in this moment. Jungkook hadn't even realized he was walking backwards slowly until his back lightly hit the trunk of a tree. Jimin decided to push his luck, trying to deepen the kiss. He knew that Jungkook was easily embarrassed and shy when it came to affection, not wanting the boy to pull away like he sometimes did.

Jimin placed his hands on Jungkook's hips, causing Jungkook to jump slightly at the touch and break away from the kiss. Jimin placed his forehead on Jungkook's, his one hand moving up to caress Jungkook's jaw. Jungkook was almost at the point of holding his breath, looking towards Jimin's lips as if asking him to continue. But just as Jungkook was about to lean in, Jimin leaned in towards Jungkook's ear, whispering quietly.

"I told them about us, because I want to be with you. I want the world to know that I want to be with you. I don't care if people know my name if it means I get to spend my entire life with you. And I know that probably sounds sudden and overbearing, but ..."

Jungkook quickly pulled Jimin back towards him, now leaning on the tree trunk as he tried to close all of the space between them. He had always been embarrassed and uncomfortable with public displays of affection, but seeing that no one else was around in the moment, he decided that his embarrassment could take a backseat.

After a minute or so, they both broke the kiss. They were both taking deeper breaths, new oxygen filling their lungs as they stayed close to each other. Jimin took Jungkook's hands into his own, Jungkook no longer refusing the touch. Jungkook gave Jimin an eskimo kiss before speaking.

"I want to tell the world about us too. I really do. But ..."

"But?" Jimin squeezed Jungkook's hands, as if asking him to continue.

"You're here in Mikrokosmos. And ... I can't be here whenever I want. I can't live here, and you can't live in my world. It's so frustrating, because I want to be with you. But everything is telling us we shouldn't be together. I just ... I don't know what to do."