𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨.

in which a old flame threatens to re-ignite the memories you had long forgotten

I LOVE YOU SO

the walters

it was the chime of a notification bell that first garnered your attention, second the vibration. it brought you out of your daze and so you took out your earbuds to focus on what it was.

you swiped down to see the notification in more detail.

══════════

𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 12𝘵𝘩, 3 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰 ?

[yes] [no]

𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘦 ?

[yes] [no]

your gallery opened and a small image popped up. you enlarged it so that you could clearly see what it was depicting.

it was of the last day of high school. you were at one end smiling, with your classmates standing, tip-toeing and kneeling in the middle, throwing up peace signs - and kuroo at the other end, his gaze fixed on you.

you took your time zooming in to each of your classmates faces, down the messy lines. each was a memory that you had left behind 3 years ago. a wistful feeling began to well within you as your eyes settled on kuroo's face, your eyebrows slightly furrowing.

you couldn't help but recall what had occurred that day.

[𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 12𝘵𝘩, 3 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰]

you gently called out to your boyfriend, "tetsuro, please just talk to me."

you approached him from where he was sat at a few steps up on the stairs connected to the outside of the school building.

it was finally your graduation day, and after one too many sleepless nights, endless studying and occasional breakdowns, it felt more than deserved. the weather, too, seemed to welcome today's celebrations. the clear blue skies were free from grey clouds, becoming the perfect backdrop for the occasional sakura leaves that fell.

"tetsuro, c'mon. talk to me," you coaxed.

only a few minutes had passed since the ceremony had ended and a group photo had been taken. your friends were saying their final goodbyes to other classmates as they waited for you to finish talking with kuroo.

"we need to stop this." he said.

it was blunt and swift yet the words echoed and rippled throughout your mind, and would for years to come. his gaze was transfixed on the rust clinging to the steps of the metal stairs as if that was more worthwhile than the image of your heart breaking.

"i don't-what do you mean? stop what?" you reached out for his arm yet he moved it out of reach before you had even comprehended the situation.

is he joking?