~Chapter One~

~River's POV~

I'm sitting at my desk when my Radio goes off and Ruby says "River we need you down here we've got a GSW and he's bleeding out!" I stand out of my chair and grab my bag running down the hallway replying "On my way!".

I run down to the west wing and Ruby runs over to me saying "In the surgery room he's losing a lot of blood fast!". I get to the surgery room and start working on him.

~Damon's POV~

I've been sitting in this waiting room for about 2 hours now and they haven't said anything at all. I've got blood and knife wounds all over my body.

"Sir?" I hear a small voice and turn to see the nurse that took my brother. I stand up and she stops in place backing up. "Where's my brother?" I demanded when walking closer to her.

"He's in the surgery room Sir you need to sit"
"Not till I see my brother" I scoffed

When my attention was drawn to a different voice.

"If you don't sit you won't see your brother till you get out of jail"

I was so focused on the blond girl I didn't notice the other girl walk in.The blond girl walks over to the other girl. The other girl looks at the blond girl saying

"you ok?"
"Yeah"
"Go check on him I'll deal with him"
"Ok"

The blond girl leaves and the other girl looks at me.

"Sit" she Demands looking at me.
"Not till-"
"Sit"

She cuts me off. I walk over to her and grab her by the throat, pinning her to the wall and brother Ryder walks in. I look her directly in the eyes "Don't talk to me like that" I finally say.
"Damon put her down!" Ryder yells at me.
She looks at me and stops struggling.

"You either put me down or I'll let your brother die your choice."

She says that an my brother starts walking over. She holds her hand out telling him to stop.

"You wouldn't"
"Im the person that is keeping your brother alive Damon"
"Uggghhh!"

~River's POV~

He lets go of me causing me to fall to my feet. He walks over to the a waiting room chair and sit down. I walk back to his brothers room.

I walk into the room and he growls out of pain.
"Ughhh"
He goes to move and I walking over placing my
hand on his shoulder saying "nope lay down"

"Everything hurts"
"Well you did get shot.... sorry that was mean"
"Oh your fine.... who brought me here?"
"You brother Damon I suppose"
"Oh ok"
"You lay back down.... I'll be right back he's impatient and demanding"

His eyes go from my eyes to my neck. "Did he do that to you?" He asks
"What"
"The bruising around your neck?"

I walk into the bathroom, looking into the mirror and he's right there brushing shaped as hand prints on my neck.
Walking back out of the bathroom and look at him.
"Yeah but I'm fine"
I see the anger rise in his eyes and he looks at my neck again.
"I'm going to kill him"
"I'm getting my assistant nurse to get him"

I walk out and radio Ruby.
"Hey Ruby can you bring the dude down to room 132?"
"On it"
I walk in the room and over to his bed.
"You ok if I check your wound?"
"Yeah you are the expert"
"Yeah let's say that"
I check his wound and the door comes open and both brother walk in here.
"There both his brothers"
"Ok"
Ruby and I both stand up and walk outside the door.