Chapter 14

Kenny stood there unsure about what to do next. His phone buzzed and a text from Toni popped up. Letting her know everything was good, he put his phone back in his pocket and stared at Meredith's lifeless body.

Now look what you've done you murderous animal!

He heard her voice say. Refusing to go back to his previous mental state, he shook his head.

"No. She asked for it. Just like Darnell. I had to keep her quiet to keep everyone safe. Yeah." He said to himself.

Letting out a breath, he dragged Meredith's body out of the closet and to the center of the living room floor. He grabbed the duffle bag she was packing ready to empty it until he looked inside.

Darnell's money. It was Meredith all along, but how? Shrugging off his curiosity, he went to kitchen to grab duct tape and trash bags. He used one bag to wrap one half her body and the second bag to wrap the other. He used the duct tape to keep everything in place.

Once finished, he looked around the house for something big enough to hold a 5'5, 120 pound, woman. He stumbled upon the deep freezer in the garage and decided to use that. He picked Meredith's heavy body up and hurriedly took it into the garage.

He stuffed her into the freezer and closed it as he figured out his next move.

~~~~~~~

Toni smiled hearing the door open.  She walked out of Kenny's kitchen to see him standing there with bags and Josiah's toy.

"Hi."

"Hey, I got Chewy. Where's Josiah?"

"In the other room watching a movie." She said.

He nodded,"It smells good in here."

"Well I made lunch. Just a little thank you for everything. I hope I'm not intruding too much. If you ever want me to leave-"

"Never. You can stay forever if you want."

She chuckled, "Really?"

"Yeah, I know you said to get one sweatshirt but I ended packing nearly everything." He said handing her the bag.

"Well thank you, but eventually we'll have to go back so PJ won't suspect anything. I also think I should apologize to Meredith." She said fiddling with her fingers.

"Why? You're the victim here."

"I know, but I said some things that weren't nice. Was she there when you went?"

"No actually, she was gone. I think she left for good. I found this letter she wrote you." He said handing her the note he wrote to keep her from looking for Meredith.

He had to make it a little harsh for it to work. By the look on Toni's face, it was working.

"Wow." She breathed out.

"Chewy!!" Josiah yelled running to Kenny.

"Yeah." He said giving it to him.