Chapter 1

The Wind of Change

Chapter I

The pirate era had changed and nothing was quite the same anymore, impressive changes had taken place in the world in a relatively short period of time following a clash between rebels, pirates, and the Marines.

The Celestial Dragons had been uncovered by what they really were and dethroned from their privileged place in society, the revolutionaries had achieved their goal, and a new global regime was taking order. After so many changes, so much war, destruction and loss - on all sides - a new world order was born... the Republic of the United Countries was slowly but successfully regaining trust and confidence on its citizens and member governments.

A new fleet Admiral was in charge, and all over the world people hoped that under the watchful eye of the lazy but just Aokiji a new kind of justice and world peace could be achieved.

In the pirate world, things had changed dramatically as well, many were claiming it was for the worse, and others said that things were better, but the fact was that things were quite different, the order had changed.

Pirates still roamed the seas... new emperors had arisen, and a new generation of rookies fought for a spot at the top, everyone dreaming of getting the chance to beat and challenge the new Pirate King.

Gone were the days where pirates were searching for the legendary treasure of the One Piece on the mystic island of Raftel, now, the vast majority of rookies were trying to find the new Pirate King and his infamous crew.

It was rumored that Monkey D. Luffy would reveal the location of Raftel, its grand treasure and the secret of the legendary weapons to anyone who could achieve the incredible feat of beating him in combat and defeating his crew. Whether this was true or not, nobody knew, since the new pirate King never denied nor confirmed the rumors.

One thing was for certain, lack of certainty never stopped a few fools from trying, and even if the rumors proved to be false, in the end, the mere prowess of defeating the pirate king and looting his famed ship would be a memorable feat in itself. A one-way ticket to fame and fortune.

Out of all the new generation of pirates, one of the most notorious was a man of the West Blue called Kazé, adventurer, handsome and especially powerful. The captain of the Wind Pirates was gaining fame and reputation each passing day.

The world had been in an uproar when the Straw Hat crew managed to conquer the grand line, newspapers with dramatic heading about the world having a new pirate king told the story of the Strawhat crew, that one day they were sailing in the confines of the New World and the next people knew about them, they appeared on the other side of the Red Line, over the East Blue.

Being that no one knew the exact route the new pirate king was following, or his intentions, there were only rumors in this regard; the most popular of them was that the pirate King simply wanted to conquer all the seas, since he had already conquered the Grand Line.

So far only a crew was close enough to track the whereabouts of the pirate King and were practically on their heels, the most difficult challenge so far had been following the Straw Hats across the Calm Belt on their route to the South Blue sea.

The lack of wind was not a problem because Kazé was a user of a Logia's Devil's fruit... a fruit that gave him a very interesting advantage both in combat and navigation.

Obviously the ability to thrust their well-crafted ship was important, and while the crew of the pirates of the Wind was composed of powerful warriors they were unable to do almost anything when a giant sea King attacked them.