Chapter 5: Scent

She caught up with the boar head wearing Demon Slayer with the inquiry on her mind, wondering on how she should ask him without him snapping at her as she still noticed he was upset. His footsteps didn't hide it one bit as he stomped into the mud beneath them, smearing his pelt with the mud.
So reaching her hand out to delicately grab his arm, holding it tenderly. She decided to save the question until they got home as _____ was just happy that Inosuke had returned. She nudged her cheek against his muscular bicep, feeling tears run down her cheeks.
Inosuke turned his head to see her display her neediness, causing his eyes under his mask to soften as he knew how scared ______ must have been. He let out a grunt before turning his head away from her,clicking his tongue.

"You need to get stronger. Don't always think I'm going to come save your ass, got it?"

His words were harsh but they came from a place of genuine care as there could be a time that Inosuke wouldn't be there for _____. He knew how hard she worked around their little cottage from cleaning to cooking with the available ingredients. But if she were to live with him _____ had to get over these obstacles. His words were swimming in her head mixed along with the fear that she felt, focusing on so many things at once she didn't hear the rest of what Inosuke said.

"Don't ignore your king! I'm speaking you know! What I say is important."

Almost as if time flied they were back at the house. She was still clinging to his arm as if he was a living protection charm. The whole time she was in a daze he was speaking about training her to become big and strong like he was.

"I'm sorry Inosuke I just–"

Suddenly his hands would grab her by the shoulders pushing her up against the door of the structure, causing a sharp pained gasp to leave her as her left shoulder blade hit the frame. _____ gazed up at Inosuke in apprehension as she didn't understand what made him so upset besides blatantly ignoring him for the past few minutes. The snout of his mask would blow off steam into her face as she squirmed to free herself.

"Inosuke what are you doing?!"

"Shut up."

His stern voice made her bite her lip to keep herself quiet to not further anger him. Inosuke would bring his face of his mask closer to sniff her, going from her neck to her hair. Inosuke would then embrace her until their bodies squished against each other. Her heart raced as she never had anyone hold her in such a fashion, making her blush intensely. Her arms were pinned onto her sides as his strong appendages held _____ close. She couldn't see it as her face was peering over his shoulder while Inosuke bent down to hold her. He'd take off his mask and tossed it near the fish onto the porch as he wanted nothing to obscure his nose from smelling her scent. All she could see was his beautifully long shoulder length hair, giving her a whiff of an earthy tone; he needed a bath.

"You stink of that thing.. I have to get rid of it."

Was all he said while his body began rubbing against her own, burying his face into her neck as he nipped it with his incisors. A growl would leave his throat as a soft whimper left _____. She didn't understand what he was doing to her but it felt like sparks when he touched her, massaging his hands up and down her clothed body from her arms to her sides then hips which he gripped. Inosuke would spin her around to press her body up on the door as his lower half pressed against her bottom while his chest pinned her back, leaving his lips to go against her ear. Inosuke's needy pants would whisper into her as he explained his strange behavior.

"This.. This is scent marking. I do this to claim what's mine.. I hated that you wreaked of that things stench so I'm masking you in my own.."

______ was covered in red hot blush as she felt Inosuke grind against her rump more, feeling how his hand held her hips tightly while he rubbed his entire form against her. Inosuke want to successfully scent her so that she only smelt like him.

"In-Inosuke this is– This is inappropriate! I'm not some play thing—"

"You're not, you're my mate. I just want any other man or demon to know that if they ever come across you.."

He'd smirk before letting go of her, making sure she stayed there until he placed his mask back onto his head; grabbing the fish as he did so. Inosuke then would reach for her ass before giving it a light smack.

"From now on not only am I your king, but your Alpha. We are pack mates and you'll do as you're told. Be grateful I ever consider you something so dear to me as a pack mate let alone mate. Now get inside, I'm hungry."

It was like a switch, one moment he was intimate and caring then back to being the bossy pig man that she grew to like despite his badgering. Inosuke was so interesting and it made _____ want to know more about him especially when he made her heart beat like a taiko drum.

"Well I got some rules of my own Inosuke, don't touch me unless I'm okay with it! If we are 'pack mates' then we are going to have to listen to each other!"

"BUT I'M THE BOSS!"

"Even a leader listens to his followers! Now do you want fried salmon or not!"

He grunted as _____ mentioned food. Inosuke did practically anything if it meant he could have a snack. A groan left him almost a whine as he gave into her demands.

"FINE! God you're annoying."

"Says the living definition of loud, now let's go inside–"

"I'M NOT LOUD!!"

She rolled her eyes while taking his hand, bringing him into their cottage on the mountains. Inosuke was so strange but yet there was something so elusive about him. The mystery that's surrounded this strange man will bug her rotten.

The rest of the night went normally as the two shared dinner together with Inosuke explaining his latest mission to ______ in grand detail along with some visual flair of his hands as he recreated his slicing and dicing. It made her giggle as he bounced around the room making sound effects with his mouth to show off how cool he was. Everything was fine until he slipped upon some salmon that hopped off his plate and onto the floor, causing him to fall on his back. His mask would go flying as he made his descent upon the ground, making her stand-up to watch in concern.

"Inosuke, are you okay?! I can go get some herbs– ..."

Her body stiffened up as she looked upon his face, making this the first time she ever truly seen it. What she saw left her truly speechless.