Lo Pho's Trial

The second he stopped spinning, Lo'Pho drew his ax. Relena and Bri had already gone through this and based on their accounts of their trials, anything could happen.

He was standing in an arena-like room, circular, made out of sandstone, and with columns holding the ceiling up. The floor was covered in sand.

"Lo'Pho, second-in-command of the Protectors guild!"

Lo'Pho looked up and saw one of the Grand Magic Games announcers in the box. Was this just a round of the Grand Magic Games? The Los Gatos warrior decided to treat it as such and grinned.

"We welcome your opponent! The object of this round is simple! We are testing your resilience! Let's see how Lo'Pho does against one of his own!"

The other gate opened and Lo'Pho's opponent walked out. It was...

His father?

Lo'Pho shook his head to see if he wasn't hallucinating. His father, who was supposed to be dead, was standing on the other end of the arena, carrying a sword twice his size. His eyes were colder than ice.

His father ran at him with the speed of a bullet. Lo'Pho could barely raise his axe in time to block the strike. It didn't help that Lo'Pho  could barely see. Tears were leaking out of his violet eyes. He was trying to deny it. This could not be his father.

Could it?

No, that was stupid, his father was long since dead, this was just an illusion, it had to be. 

This illusion, however, was perfectly solid and trying to kill him at the moment. They were locked in combat for ten straight minutes without letting up. Lo'Pho was getting seriously winded.

The thing that looked like his father kicked him in the stomach and Lo'Pho landed hard on the sand. His axe flew out of his hand. Lo'Pho could hardly see from the dust and the tears. He noticed a paper hanging from his father's belt. He could just barely make out the word on it.

Acceptance.

Acceptance? What the heck did that-

Lo'Pho grinned. It made sense. It was crazy, but it made sense.

He grabbed the paper. The illusion was distracted by the random move, leaving Lo'Pho with the opportunity he needed to transform into his god form. One magical burst of light later, the illusion was nothing more than a pile of dust and Lo'Pho was being transported back to the guild hall, paper in paw.