Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A shot rang out, startling me for a moment. The bullet hit right beside me, sending dirt flying. I jumped to the side as more bullets sprayed around me, peppering the ground.

“They’ve seen us!” I yelled to my partners, dodging yet another bullet with my character.

The joystick on my remote seemed to move on it's own as I jumped, ducked, and ran around the compound.

Then another shot came and blood splattered the screen. I threw the controller down and cursed under my breath. I had been killed before the game even seemed to start.

Before I could start another round with my internet players, I heard the door open and turned my head. My dad walked in, and I jumped up in excitement. It wasn't that my dad was home for work. It was what he was holding in his hands.

A RealGame. It's the newest, and supposedly the best gaming system that's ever been made, according to Google, with the best graphics ever created, hence the name. RealGame just came out today, and I just knew my dad would get it for me! After all, I've been waiting months for its release.

My dad walked over to my side and quickly glanced at the screen, where the online players I was against in the round were communicating. He then handed me the game and I squealed. "Thank you so much Dad!"

He nodded slightly. Dad was more the shy type, so he didn't talk much, even to his own family. Funny, since he ran a business worth millions of dollars with my mom. But of course, mom usually spoke at all the meetings and statements, so he didn't have much to worry about.

I quickly sliced open the box and took out the odd shaped console. It was a ball, about the size of a baseball. I was so amazed by the size. All that data on such a small device! I unhooked my Xbox, and grabbed the cord, quickly plugging the RealGame in. That was another thing about it. It easily replaces other game consoles, which is another reason it was so desirable. It also doesn’t even need a control. It senses your movements like Xbox Kinect, only it’s supposed to be even more accurate.

At the moment, it only has one game, a war game called Sacrifice of War. But it says that a new game will be released every couple of months. I quickly took the flash drive out along with it, and stuck the game drive into the black ball.

“Let’s see if you possess as great of graphics as you say you do.” I smirked as the game came to life on the screen, and all of the introductions flashed across the screen. Then I picked up my cell phone and dialed Brett.

“Hey, it's Tara,” I said, clearing my throat.

“Hey! What’s up?” My best friend/crush greeted. I blushed before coming back to my senses.

“You need to come over. Like now.”

He asked, “why?"

“I got a RealGame!” I was practically jumping up and down.

“You didn't!"

“Yes, I did! Can you come over?” The excitement in my voice could not be undetected.

“I’m coming,” he replied, hanging up before I could say anything more.

I smiled and pressed 'end' on my phone. He was so perfect.

I looked back into the box where the console was. There was so many features. If you didn’t want to use speakers, you could wear headphones, like with a PS4. There was even 3D goggles if you wanted the game to really come to life.

I smiled. This really just might be the best game ever made. I picked up the goggles and was about to try them on when the door opened. It was Brett, standing there with a goofy grin on his face.