"Who knows, he might actually call for a date and not for a booty call." I said, throwing my pillow up and letting it fall on my face. It was like a marshmallow you couldn't eat.

"It's not a booty call! I mean we kiss and stuff, but we're dating, I'm telling you. Its real love, I can feel it in my bones." Nadine said clenching to her chest before falling back onto the bed next to me.

"The love like when you made out with Jonathan Murphy in the twelfth grade, dated him for two months, and stayed with him, loyally I might add, even though he was messing around with Jasmine, love?"

She turned her head towards me with a frown, shaking her head. "I was dumb then, I was practically just a kid! It's been two years since then, just add that to the mistakes I made to find the one and only." She let out an exasperated sigh that made me want to roll my eyes into the back of my head.

"This one and only stuff seems really overdone and mediocre if you ask me. What if there was two and only?"

Nadine groaned before lifting up again. "You're being so pessimistic! You just have to meet him, I promise you'll love him and you're gonna be so happy for me."

"I am not pessimistic," I muttered to myself. I wasn't half empty or half full, I was the person that pointed out there was water there and wondered who it belonged to. I guess you can call that realism. "Even if I don't love him, I'll try, only because you think he is so amazing." With those words, she wrapped her arms around me, squealing. I sighed, though it didn't quite match the smile that was on my face. I was just happy my best friend was happy.

I finally pushed her off, making her roll off onto the other side of the bed, leaning on her elbows.

"You know he has a friend-"

"Don't, I said I would try liking him. I didn't say anything about a friend."

"But Jay, you're so lonely. All you do is come home, go to work, and go to your mom's house probably. You don't go out or anything like that!"

"I'm not lonely. I have my sister, my mom, and I have you." I said with a smile, though I could tell she wasn't having any of it. I wish Nadine was as set on letting things go as she was making bad decisions.

"Just this one time, please. If it doesn't work out, I swear no more trying to hook you up." She jutted out her bottom lip, whining at me like some little puppy.

"I guess this one-"

"Yes!" And there she was again, her pouncing on me, nearly knocking us both from the bed. She finally moved in front of me when she sat back on her legs. "How should I wear my hair when we go?"

"You don't have any hair..."

"I do too! Pixie cut is considered having hair. I can flip it up, or maybe put some rollers in it and make it really cute like that. What about you?"

"Probably just bantu knot it or something, go big or go home." I said with a shrug.

"You should do that; blow it out all big and fluffy. He's going to fall in love with the fro." She said before crawling over and laying in it. It probably should hurt more that she was doing that, but I was used to it. She liked to lie in my hair because 'it was like a fantastic smelling pillow'. And she wasn't even the only person who thought that, but she was one of the only people I let touch it like she did. "And wear that dress, the black one that fits, but it's like cotton material or something."

"I was really going to just wear a pair of jeans or something; I really don't want to do too much. It's for you to be with your boyfriend, I'm just a decision maker."