[Day 4] Leaf Piles of Jealousy

I stared boredly out the window waiting for school to end. Today Lumine decided to tag along with me to all my classes since yesterdays 'incident'. So far there wasn't any trouble- however having Lumine in class was trouble enough. He was silent for the most part but I could tell the wolf boy was getting excited. I heard my bag begin to shuffle around- quite loudly I may add- and I felt a slight panic rise in my chest.

Trying to act casual, I gently- yet urgently- kicked my bag. I heard a soft "Ow," from the bottom of my desk and Lumine stopped moving. I sighed with relief and laid my head on my desk. This was going to be a drag.

A few more hours into my class and I was finally released from the torture. I quickly got up and grabbed my bag before rushing out of class into the bathroom. I took a look round to make sure no one was in there and sighed. Setting down my bag, I pulled out Lumine and waited for him to transform.

"You really need to learn to be quiet! What if someone saw you?" I said sternly.

"I-I know! I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. I was just a bit excited that's all." The wolf boy said fidgeting with his hands.

I sighed. "I don't know why you think class is entertaining, considering you're not doing anything besides sitting in my bag all day."

"No that's not what I meant- I mean, I'm excited to hang out later."

I looked at the wolf boy dumbfounded. That's what he's thinking about? Nevertheless his words made something inside of me warm. If I'm being honest, a part of me was excited as well, though I'd never say that out loud.

I hummed softly. "Well first you need to keep quiet. We won't be able to do anything if we get caught." I stated.

"I won't make any noise then! But if I do...please don't kick me, I might end up with a concussion later." Lumine said, looking a bit weary.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be so dramatic, I don't kick you that hard. Anyways we better get going before break ends, for now you can walk around."

Lumine beamed. "Really!? In that case let's go to my bush! There's a lot of leaves we can play in, it'll be fun!"

I sweat dropped, "That's what you want to do? Isn't that a bit childish."

"Come on Kodyyy, you're never too old to jump in a pile of leaves!" The wolf boy pleaded.

His eyes began to shine and I could feel myself already give in. What's wrong with me?

I tsked. "Fine. Just- let's make it quick, I don't want to explain why I'm covered in leaves."

Lumine shouted with glee and I had to quiet him down. He really can act like a wolf when he wants to huh...how troublesome. Walking out of the bathroom, me and the wolf boy walked down the halls without any problems- well that was until a certain redhead showed up. Just my luck.

My eyes narrowed but before I could say anything Lumine spoke out, "Hey Elijah! How are you?" My wolf friend greeted me.

Elijah's eyes brightened for a second before they darkened. I could tell he was hesitant to speak considering I'm here, but I knew that wouldn't stop him.

"Hey Lumine! I'm alright but I'm really bored since you're gone. Why aren't you ditching with me?" Elijah said with a whine.

I looked between the boys with some sort of bitterness. I didn't like the way Elijah looked at Lumine or the tone he used. It was to...sweet? And that alone made my gut twist with anger. But why would I be angry at Lumine? He did nothing wrong yet I was frustrated.

Lumine chuckled nervously. "I'm not ditching though-"

"I'm joking, I know you're too good for that." Elijah laughed, "but anyways, what are you...guys.. up to?"