Darkness

Darkness. All I see was darkness.

My body was dry even though I remember drowning.

Am I... dead?

Is this... hell?

Confusion. A lot of questions were running in my mind.

But there was only one way to find out.

I put my pale hands on my chest and one thing was sure-- I was dead.

There was no heartbeat to be heard.

But still, what kind of place is this?

Imagine a room with no lights, and all you can see is... nothing. There was nowhere to go, even though I kept running.

And I felt... nothing. Is this what it's like to be dead? My stomach felt no hunger like it used to before. I didn't feel thirsty. Or even... the need to take a shit.

I started to walk through the never-ending darkness until a light was seen.

A light.

A light!

I felt the urge to run and try to reach it.

I ran faster.

And faster.

And faster.

But the light was still placed where I saw it.

Is this where I'm gonna stay?

A sigh came out from my disbelief.

And I felt cold hands on my shoulder.

I was in shock when I saw a figure of a man standing behind me, staring right at me.

He looked like...

He looked like something I can't even describe.

Is he...

"Are you God?" Three words that came out of my mouth even though I didn't want to say it.

This man smiled and laughed lightly. It was glorious even seeing him laugh. He just gives off this energy that you're safe, and you're not going anywhere near hell.

He looked at me and smiled.

"No," He replied. "No, I'm not God."

I looked at him back, confused.

No one was saying anything.

"Are you supposed to be like... my guardian angel or something?" A dumb question that made him chuckle again.

"Well," he takes his hand off my shoulder. "Kind of. But no."

My eyebrows met and I got more confused by what he said.

"I'm confused."

"I know." He replied.

It was an awkward situation for me. I was searching for words to say or... questions to ask.

"I know you're confused about everything," Finally! He broke the silence. "About me, about this place, and about your death."

"Y-yeah." He took the words off my mouth.

"I'm going to explain it to you one time, but you must listen carefully," He said with a serious face. "But first, we need to go somewhere else."

I just looked at him and nodded. He nodded back and raised his hands, and snapped his fingers.

In one snap, we went from this very dark place to somewhere very familiar to me.

The TV was on. She was sitting on the dirty couch, watching the news with a serious look on her face.