Chapter 13.

ROSE P.O.V.

His hug was stronger than anything I've ever known and experienced, as if holding me wasn't quite enough, he wanted us to be one. I could feel every inch of him. In that moment of feeling him so close, I felt awake somehow, more alive than I've been in so very long. It felt as if I'm a butterfly who yearns for the cocoon, to be safe within the walls, protected. That's what I felt. He was all that I was longing for, I don't know why but in his arms I felt home, his touch all too familiar.

After a few minutes though, I couldn't breathe. His hold was too tight for my small body, he was too strong.

"Lorenzo I...I can..not breat...he"

I informed him and with that he let go of me which was followed by a sudden feeling of separation like my heart wanted to be more close- close to his. After taking a deep breath I asked,

"Are you an artist? How did you do it?"

"It's just a hobby." he shrugged.

Lorenzo has a hobby and that too painting, cool!

"I have many more hobbies, Senõrita" he whispered in my ears, in his husky voice. 

How did he know what I just thought?

"Voglio assaggiarli così tanto" (Translation: I want to taste them so badly). He said placing his thumb on my bottom lip, his eyes focused on my lips. Just his voice ignites the sparks along with butterflies in every part of my body, in just two days he managed to have such an effect on me.

Should I kiss him? 

No way! I didn't come here to be in a relationship, he is a charmer. Today he is with me, tomorrow he'll leave, just like my father.

"Lorenzo... it's getting late let's go" I excused myself and moved ahead after which he just stared at me. A few moments later he followed me and we quickly made our way to his car. I tried to capture each and every moment here, not sure whether he was going to be with me again or not. Lorenzo didn't allow the museum to put up his artwork of my portrait. He said he wants to keep it for his own making me wonder where he would hang it.

On our way back to the university sitting in his car, Lorenzo seemed upset or he was just trying to ignore me, I couldn't understand. 

"So Mr. Mat what are your likes and dislikes?" I asked trying to lighten up the mood,

He studied me for a minute, then replied,

"I don't like anything in person," taking a pause he then added,

"But I like you."

Those words were more than enough for my heart to start throbbing loudly.

I tried to ignore his confession, but it really flattered me, he stretched his hands to switch on the radio when I noticed the black ink peeping from his long sleeves,

It's the same tattoo, 

Yes, I've seen that tattoo, on the hands of the man who brought me to the dorm that night. 

Why didn't he tell me, he was the one?

"Where shall I drop you? Where do you stay?" He asked looking at me, which made me frown. 

He already knows where I live, why is he acting!!

"Like you don't know" I retorted,

"huh?" He gave me a confused look,

"Don't act too smart Lorenzo, it was you who dropped me to the dorm that night, didn't you?" I asked frustrated by his secrets,

"What are you hiding Lorenzo?"

He didn't say anything, just drove silently, the car halted near NYU and I got out, banging his door loudly, without waiting for him I rushed to my room and locked it.

There was no one in the room, Grace might have gone to do her assignment with her partner. At least she has a normal partner, I thought. 

How am I going to complete my assignment with this asshole?

There was no energy left in me to do any homework so I went to my bed and drifted off into dreamland.

Please let me know your views on this chapter!
Thank you!