Monkey Business

Romona POV

I'm.... In a hotel now. Why am I still tall? I looked down seeing 2 inch platform boot... How? Nevermind..

Bierce: "What a charming little hotel."

Bierce: "Bring back any memories?"

Never been to a hotel...

Me: "Welcome: Breakfast & murder free everyday until 10:00 AM", who in their mind would write that?"

I got to the main lobby and there are elevators. The last one is at the end, a huge figure appear in it. When I walk toward it, it scream when the elevator door closes. Took a while then it came down. The doors open revealing nothing, I went in, the doors close then I press the button.

Bierce: "Going up?"

I got to the floor and I walk out. Two open doors which are boarded and one close door, an statue is in the middle of the room.

Bierce: "Now listen closely..."

She began.

Biecre: "See those floating bits of crystal?"

I nodded.

Bierce: "Those are soul shards, fragments of human spirit scattered throughout the halls of this little maze. Each crystal is remnant of one who was met their their end here. Gather them all, and the first ring piece will be yours."

'Soul shard'? 'Fragments of human spirit'?

Bierce: "One more thing. You're not alone."

A door bang next to me.

Bierce: "There are monsters in here, and they're looking for you. Here, you'll need."

A table just came out of nowhere. The screen is showing a maze and a red dot is me.

Bierce: "It can detect each shard's location. It was left by the last... Guest to disappoint me here."

Bierce: "A very clever girl. Just not a very fast runner. Enough instruction. Break those boards and let's get this party started!"

I immediately breaks both boards, and started to collect the.... 'Shards'.

~~~~ Later ~~~~

Bierce: "You've gathered half of the shards. I'm impressed. I would've though you'd have been shredded by now..."

Ya think lady!? I... *huff* almost *huff* had a heart attack...

I heard a monkey coming, I went to the opposite way and hit the archway with my forehead. Not in purpose...

Me: "OW!!"

I rub my forehead and a bit of dizziness surround me. But I'm...

.......Fine......

Monkey the Leader POV

I heard a thud, must she have fallen down. I turn to the corner and saw the survivor. She's standing with her hands behind her back, and her back is facing at the wall.

I was about to get her, and for a quick second. Her head turn to her left as the door I heard open.

I stopped and hid behind the corridor. She moves from the wall that she stood to the other wall. When I said 'the door I heard open', it is open. She went in. Since went that room was open? Only two room was open. I'm walking towards the door carefully, then I ran back to the corridor as the door nob shakes to open. The survivor came out and then...

???: "Ow.. Ow.. Ow.. Ow.. My... Head..."

She look back at the door as her hand held her head and said.

??? : "What happened?"

Bierce: "Oh your back! Now back to getting the shards."

She began, and that made me back to my work...

Romona POV

~~~~~ Later ~~~~~

Bierce: "You've gathered all of the soul shards. The ring piece is now exposed, and the monsters will go into a frenzy. Get to the ring piece before Mr. Monkeys find you!"

I heard monkeys scream, ran fast as I could. There are monkeys around me then my feet felt light. Then I'm back at the start, I grab the ring and-

???: "Hrghh... Who dares?!"

Bierce: "Shoot, he knows you're here now, you need to escape. Get to the portal, hurry!"

I got in the elevator

Me: "Bomb!"

I yelled as the bomb exploded, destroying the elevator.

Monkey: "What the banana!?"

I heard one of them talked. Scoff it off and got up as I brush the dust off on me. DO'H!! I hit the ceiling with my head. I walked over to the destroyed elevator.

Me: "Guess there's no way than jumping down."

I took a breath and jump down. Landed quietly just to make sure there's someone. I check everywhere, no one here.

M: Then who the hell puts a bomb?

R: Guess we'll find out later.

I walked back to the portal and go back to Bierce ballroom.

Bierce: "Good! You made it. And I see you met my friend, sooner than I was expecting."

The door just exploded, revealing an eye.

???: "Bierce! Still so persistent after all this time... Do not listen to her, mortal!"

M: We're immortal, tho we can still die.

R: But not the natural cause or etc. Only at old age or...

M: Cancer...

R: Yeah... That.

???: "Give her the ring and there will be... Consequences."

Bierce: "Pay no attention to him! His powers cannot reach you here. The ring piece. Place it at the altar, now!"

M: Geez, you don't have to yelled at me.

I place the ring in the ring alter and heard Bierce saying...

Bierce: "It's been so long..."

M: That's something that we need to discuss.

Me: "What does the ring do?"

I asks.

Bierce: "The ring is called 'The Riddle of Heaven'. An ironic name, don't you think? A demon's power is contained inside it: the creature of infinite cruelty that you just met."

Bierce: "Complete the ring, and you can use Malak's power to fulfill your darkest desires...or so the legend goes."

R & M: Wha?

Me: "Meaning?"

Bierce: "That's for another time dear."

Bierce said shooking it off.

Bierce: "Eight more pieces to go. Are you ready for another nightmare?"

M: Shall we or not?

R: Let go